Author Topic: NOAA WEATHER RADIO  (Read 149626 times)

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
Re: NOAA WEATHER RADIO
« Reply #975 on: December 19, 2018, 09:47:02 AM »
Yes, I understand that.  It comes into play when visiting a site with a secure stream.  I see more and more of those in the mix as we go through time.  Thanks for addressing this issue!

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
    • NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio
« Reply #976 on: December 19, 2018, 10:23:32 AM »
Yes... and it should be noted that none of the 'NWRORG donated IceCast servers are SSL... as yet...
so all those Icecast calls should be HTTP... and will 'break the pretty little lock' if you're displaying on
an SSL domain... ... and an HTTPS request will result in a broken stream, or stream not found....

Providers 'self serving' from their personal SSL domain, and subscribing QRA should cancel any QRA subscriptions for the old url,
then submit a Stream Update form with the new URL, then submit a new QRA for the new url..,. in that order.

If directly providing a stream 'self served' as HTTPS, just submit a 'stream update' form. ... unless, you're also feeding to
the non-ssl Icecast, which would be the primary source... it should remain as is, since the non-ssl is the one we're accessing.

Nothing is simple anymore.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 10:28:26 AM by NWROrg Team »

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #977 on: December 22, 2018, 04:13:16 PM »
Just a heads up to all that care.
The WGN572 transmitter (located in Goodhart, MI) serving the Petoskey and Northern Michigan area is down.  I have notified NOAA but have not heard anything (get it) back from them yet.

Will update as soon as I know something.  If you need white noise to sleep by then this is the station to listen to  :-|

CW3699

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #978 on: December 26, 2018, 09:44:04 AM »
Happy Holidays!  Any word on the "fix" you mentioned?

That call for script can be fixed... however:
You may still find that occurring when a Non SSL source link is called within the script.
Most of the feeds do NOT originate from an SSL source.

And the same willl be true for the scripts when used on SSL host.

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #979 on: December 26, 2018, 10:51:07 AM »
As far as I know that related to the website templates, and was fixed almost immediately with new script version.,.,, ???? Has nothing to do with mixed content...

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #980 on: December 26, 2018, 11:05:35 AM »
I'm still seeing this using Chrome Developer tools.  This is on every site I checked (hence the  ... in the address below).

https:// ... /wxradio.php' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://noaaweatherradio.org/content/thumbnails/NWR150.png'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.
wxradio.php

Are we using a cached version perhaps?

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #981 on: January 08, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »
Will there be an announcement here when this issue is resolved?

• Forecaster
« Reply #982 on: January 08, 2019, 11:47:20 AM »
Here's the fix....
That will need to be modified in the Saratoga provided scripts. .. till Ken can update them, you could go into your templates, find the URL calls for that image, or any others from NWROrg, and change them to HTTPS,  that should stop your mixed content nags from your browsers re: NWROrg. Keep in mind that most of the stream select options also server from external non-https sources.... which both NWROrg or Ken have zero control over. 

Mike

Offline dasman

• Forecaster
    • Wx Peotone
« Reply #983 on: January 08, 2019, 11:58:43 AM »
I live in Peotone  IL. There are 3 NWS radio stations in the area and they are streamed in the scipt. I can hear KWO39 from Chicago But for the entire time ive had the script 8 months or so, i get an error that says "This type of audio file isn't supported " in the player. The stations are KZZ58 Kankakee IL. and KZZ55 Dixon IL. I have tried from different computers, different browsers and so on. I should note their are other stations as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Dave Sommerfed
Peotone Illinois USA
CW7762, KILPEOT1
NWS COOP, CoCoRaHS, Spotter Network

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #984 on: January 08, 2019, 12:12:29 PM »
I just tested both sites with my FF 64.0.  They both played just fine for me.

I would guess there is some sort of file association issue on your PC.  If those are MP3 streams, MP3 may be associated to a player that isn't working.

I'd say give it a try on your phone.  I'll bet it works.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
« Reply #985 on: January 08, 2019, 12:28:23 PM »
I just tested both sites with my FF 64.0.  They both played just fine for me.

I would guess there is some sort of file association issue on your PC.  If those are MP3 streams, MP3 may be associated to a player that isn't working.

I'd say give it a try on your phone.  I'll bet it works.
Again, many streams are NON-HTTPS, you may have to tell your browser to accept mixed content...
Works Great... here's proof  click to acces video.;..

Offline dasman

• Forecaster
    • Wx Peotone
« Reply #986 on: January 08, 2019, 12:44:01 PM »
Yikes! I see they work. Unfortunately from my home PC my work PC my laptop and my Phone they do not. I will look tonight at settings for browser and play around. Thanks!
Dave Sommerfed
Peotone Illinois USA
CW7762, KILPEOT1
NWS COOP, CoCoRaHS, Spotter Network

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #987 on: January 08, 2019, 04:36:09 PM »
Mike,

I'd already thought of that and done same.  The problem is with the remote file https://noaaweatherradio.org/java/NWR-radios-data.js. Look that script over and you'll see what I see.  I can't change that content and as far as I can tell the script calls that file & caches it to keep things updated.

Tom

Here's the fix....
That will need to be modified in the Saratoga provided scripts. .. till Ken can update them, you could go into your templates, find the URL calls for that image, or any others from NWROrg, and change them to HTTPS,  that should stop your mixed content nags from your browsers re: NWROrg. Keep in mind that most of the stream select options also server from external non-https sources.... which both NWROrg or Ken have zero control over. 

Mike

• Forecaster
« Reply #988 on: January 08, 2019, 05:15:22 PM »
Mike,

I'd already thought of that and done same.  The problem is with the remote file https://noaaweatherradio.org/java/NWR-radios-data.js. Look that script over and you'll see what I see.  I can't change that content and as far as I can tell the script calls that file & caches it to keep things updated.

Tom

Here's the fix....

Mike
Dang!   :oops:   .... Thanks for staying on this, Tom...  =D>
It didn't dawn on me what was actually occurring  ... I'm slow at times....
....actually that issue was with the "One File to Rule Them All" control script that generates all the others... I think it's fixed, now... not sure when the templates will update remotely, but it's changed on server.

arrrrggghhhh.....Mike

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
« Reply #989 on: January 08, 2019, 06:05:12 PM »
Mike, As of now it's fixed on my site and I'm guessing on everyone else's who have SSL secure sites \:D/

Thanks for hanging in there!

Tom

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #990 on: January 12, 2019, 01:51:58 PM »
Unfortunately, the bhsprn.tk servers experienced a reboot unbenounced to me, so I'm having to go into the system, assuming as though I remember the password, and yeah I am having no luck getting into the system right now.  The servers will come back but I may have to get help from one of my other cohorts who helped me put the server up.  So the server will come back, but once it does, I'm going to probably disable updating until I cann find a way for it not to random reboot on me like that.  Because when that happens it effecftes everyone so.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #991 on: January 12, 2019, 02:06:24 PM »
Help needed.
If there is someone who can help me go into my server and investigate why my servers are not running or what's happening, that'd be great.
Please email me privately if you are able to go into my server meaning, if you would be willing, provided I give you credentials to get in there, to find out what exactly is happening with the servers.  Either they reformatted my installation or something.
Because it appears all of my servers are down, though I'm going to try to check a few things out.
But I doubt my servers are up.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #992 on: January 12, 2019, 02:23:55 PM »
Looks like icecast back up.  I had to do a bit of work, but it's up, still needing to figure out what happened.

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #993 on: January 24, 2019, 04:40:15 PM »
Kzz52 is off the air right now.  I will return my weather radi ostream to that station when it's up.
In the mean time, temporarily streaming wng668 in Dennison Iowa, and will remind everyone, I don't have the best signal to the dennison transmitter, so you may hear occasional audio from wxl77 in Norfolk, and or kzz50 in Essex.
I apologize in advance.
Brandon
PS. Note that we will resume KZZ52's direct feed once the station is back up.

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
QRA SERVER DOWN
« Reply #994 on: January 30, 2019, 06:03:22 PM »
The NWROrg Server for QRA is temporarily offline, due to network issue...
,,,reports and access should be restored sometime Jan 31

#-o

=D> Aha... restored moments after posting this...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 07:01:09 PM by NWROrg Team »

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #995 on: February 03, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »
Hey guys, KZZ52 is still not up and on the air.  I will be round robbin streaming meaning I'll be cycling between KIH61, wxl62, and wng668 through the period.  I've called nws Omaha and left them a voicemail.  If anyone else is unable to get KZZ52 that's in the Councel bluffs area, or any areas effected by kzz52 not being heard should probably make a report to NWS Omaha too.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #996 on: February 04, 2019, 09:23:49 PM »
I just had something odd that took me a bit to figure out.  I have a Raspberry PI3 running 3 feeds.  One to itself to Icecast, One to Crushed Box Icecast, and one to Broadcastify.

I have Broadcastify setup to email my phone's text mailbox when the stream is down.  And it did.  But when I went to the other two feeds, they were dead.  I restarted the RPI and that didn't fix it.

It took me a bit of troubleshooting, but I ended up disabling the Broadcastify feed.  After restarting the broadcast, the other 2 would work.  For some reason, Broadcastify was killing the other 2 feeds.

After a couple of hours, I re-enabled the Broadcastify, and now things are back to normal.  Just something I thought I would document here in case anyone else runs into something weird.  You can possibly suspect Broadcastify if you're sending to them.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
Website Template No Coverage Display
« Reply #997 on: February 11, 2019, 09:27:23 PM »
Website Template for Providers?
Transmitter Coverage Map won't display

NOAA / NWS Access URL has changed for the Station Coverage Map ... Main Site Master list has been updated,

You need to update your Personal Website Script,
Replace NWR-radios.js v2.01
with NWR-radios.js V2.02
here: https://noaaweatherradio.org/utilities/NWR-radios.js.zip

Complee package update from Ken
https://saratoga-weather.org/wxradio-V2.02.zip

Thanks JimMc for the Heads Up

Offline brandon86

• Contributor
« Reply #998 on: February 17, 2019, 03:06:17 AM »
A note to everyone regarding the kzz52 feed.  Due to there being Ice on the antenna at the transmitter site for kzz52, I'm currently streaming 1 of 3 different stations till kzz52 is back to full power.  I will be streaming kih61, wng668, or wxl62.  I apologize for the disruption for those who were using kzz52 as the mainstay for Shelby county Iowas warning info.  I emailed NWS Omaha and Larry got back to me from there indicating as such with the ice on the transmitter.  We still don't have Sioux falls, SD, nor do we have Milford IA, I haven't seen them on for a long while.  Same for wxl94, which while on broadcastify, no streams outside of there.  Realized though we have a lot of feeds, so good work folks.

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
« Reply #999 on: February 20, 2019, 07:04:51 PM »

NWROrg Host upgraded to PHP 7.2
Please advise of any issues.
...especially with QRA and / or your Website NWR Template synchronization. 
Possible a glitch may not show immediately, depending on data changes when and where...  :sad: