Author Topic: Almost bought the La Crosse WS-2814U-IT  (Read 2844 times)

Offline BDL69

• Washburn, WI Weather
Almost bought the La Crosse WS-2814U-IT
« on: May 10, 2013, 10:44:39 PM »
Instead I purchased a Davis Vantage Pro2 6153 model.....know I made the right choice.  That being said, the cell phone app on the La Crosse looks pretty interesting, and quite frankly La Crosse software looks a bit "cooler" designed than other applicable software on the Davis side.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
Re: Almost bought the La Crosse WS-2814U-IT
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »
Instead I purchased a Davis Vantage Pro2 6153 model.....know I made the right choice.  That being said, the cell phone app on the La Crosse looks pretty interesting, and quite frankly La Crosse software looks a bit "cooler" designed than other applicable software on the Davis side.

I am about to buy a Davis model my self.
If you don't mind me asking...

What came with your Kit?
Where did you buy it from?

TIA!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
You can run any third party software with the Davis.    You do not have to run Weather link and most people on here do not.

Offline BDL69

• Washburn, WI Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 06:15:55 PM »
Hi xcom,
I bought it from Weather Shack, it was the Davis 6153 model.  I also bought the Davis tripod from Amazon and the solar and UV sensors from Archer Trading Post.

Brad
Instead I purchased a Davis Vantage Pro2 6153 model.....know I made the right choice.  That being said, the cell phone app on the La Crosse looks pretty interesting, and quite frankly La Crosse software looks a bit "cooler" designed than other applicable software on the Davis side.

I am about to buy a Davis model my self.
If you don't mind me asking...

What came with your Kit?
Where did you buy it from?

TIA!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:18:02 PM by BDL69 »

Offline BDL69

• Washburn, WI Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
what software do you prefer beaudog?

You can run any third party software with the Davis.    You do not have to run Weather link and most people on here do not.

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 09:32:02 AM »
Well I do mine a bit different from most.   I run a netbook with VVP on it that feeds to WUHU and VPlive.     WUHU reports to WU, PWS, AWEKAS. VPlive reports to CWOP.

I have WL and Cumulus on a desktop that gets data from VVP across the network. I only run those two as I need to or want to look or make a chart or what ever.

I would recommend that you try Cumulus as first alternative to WL if you think graphics are important. I prefer WUHU because it is simple and just works.