Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 88135 times)

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
Re: HOMEWEATHERSTATION TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »
quick update and unfortunately I'm off the radar of reliable internet for a few days will follow up when I get back...thanks boris and tom for getting the ball rolling.

NEW VERSION 3.4-X4 (MONDAY 29TH May 2017)
  - mb.php updated to use new meteobridge api for HOMEWEATHERSTATION template more details to follow

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2017, 07:24:20 PM »
success http://nyweather.net does it get any easier than that..

well done you two ...boris and tom

download has been updated to reflect meteobridge api see screenshot (this is backwards compatiable with the old long cut and paste code but obviously easier to use the now new meteobridge api method for HOMEWEATHERSTATION.

*note .. new easyweathersetup.php , new livedata.php to use this new method please do a full update if you are going to use.

good night I must go but its all working ok and now we have a really good user experience for the meteobridge users.

brian..

Offline dolfs

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2017, 03:51:57 AM »
I don't think this is being stated clearly by either side. If you have access to the latest direct HOMEWEATHERSTATION support in MeteoBridge software, and choose to use it instead of manually defining an HTTP action you will be faced with the following possibilities, without judging how likely they are:
  • The HWS API never needs to change. All will be well, no matter what approach you took.
  • The API needs to change, and thus you might update HWS. You will then also have to upgrade your HTTP action accordingly (if you went that route), or wait for Boris to update MB to reflect the necessary change in direct support. Both are possible, but in the second scenario there is one extra dependency besides yourself, which might be perfectly acceptable.
  • If you chose the direct option, are happy with it, and the API changes happen a certain time after today, long enough for your "maintenance support to have expired" (2 years at worst, but sooner for some that licensed MB before May 1, but no more than 2 years ago), you will not get the updated "direct" support, unless you pay first, or switch to the HTTP method at that point. If you chose the HTTP route you will still be able to control things and fix it yourself.

For relatively new licensees to MeteoBridge, only the second point is relevant at the moment, and plays no role if you agree with the 2 year renewal requirement, and plan to use it when the time comes. For legacy licensees, who were not expecting this 2 year renewal requirement to ever come up, and if you are not interested in new features, but only bug fixes (which this might be an example of), and you do not want to pay (now, or later), you should be choosing the HTTP route.

I think all of this is fair in light of a clear documentation on MB's side that while your license itself will be perpetual, updates (of any kind) will not be available after 2 years, unless you pay up for another 2 years. For legacy users, this documentation never existed, and the practical side was that updates were constantly made available. It is not unreasonable for such users to have expected bug fixes to continue to be made available, but not reasonable per se to expect new features for free.

So, what about this HWS direct support feature (and that's what it is, a new feature). As Boris mentioned in an earlier post, it is a convenience only, because you can still do it directly through HTTP. For some, the additional dependency might also be a downside. For me, this new feature is not worth the 2 year fee, in particular since I already have the HTTP method up and running and I have no other reason (currently). For others, you may already have access, but might loose it at some point. So, choose either approach above according to your situation, and willingness to pay up after 2 years.
--dolf

Ambient WS-1400-IP + MeteoBridge

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2017, 02:35:24 PM »
The upload is managed by a template which is not hard coded into the Meteobridge. So even when free update support drops out after two years and the API does change there will be no problem as the most current version of the upload template is taken from this URL (http://content.meteobridge.com/templates/homeweatherstation.template) and will be maintained for all versions of Meteobridge, regardless update license status.

When you prefer to go with the generic Meteobridge HTTP upload schema, just fine with me. You can i.e. use the template the link above points to. I can't see an advantage compared to using the implemented method which we will adapt to new needs etc. But Meteobridge is flexible tool, you can go various ways.

As Tom has tested the new code successfully I will release it shortly to public use, and it will have the 3.2 version sticker making it available for all Meteobridge licenses, even those from stone age ;-)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:37:07 PM by docbee »
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline dolfs

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2017, 04:21:59 PM »
I am not sure why the testing did not catch this, but I believe there is an error in the template. The result of the error is that the HWS page does not report temperature trend and barometric pressure trend correctly. Your current template uses the ":val60" modifier for these values, but I believe it should be the ":delta60" modifier.

I use that in my own handcrafted HTTP action and it now reports correctly. I also made brian aware awhile ago, but I suppose it got lost in the delay that happened between you two.
--dolf

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2017, 04:30:03 PM »
Thanks! I will change this... Hopefully, Brian will not see it differently and you then start playing ping-pong with me ;-)

"val60" appears two times in the template, "thb0seapress" and "th0temp". should both change to "delta60" ?

P.S.: I checked the Cumulus realtime.txt definition (http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Realtime.txt) and you seem to be right. Thanks again!

P.P.S.: changed ;-)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 04:34:20 PM by docbee »
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline dolfs

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »
In my opinion both should be changed (that's how I have it), but you are right about the risk of ping-pong. Since I am only a user, I think Brian should be the definitive answer on this. He is out for a few days though, so do not expect an answer right away.
--dolf

Offline dolfs

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2017, 05:26:35 PM »
I just found that if you changed your template as per earlier discussion, HWS users that are configured to use the new direct HWS support will see the wrong trend values.

I do believe I am right as to what the template should contain to correctly adhere to the cumuls realtime format (as you also confirmed). It appears, however that in his latest code, Brian noticed the discrepancy I had noticed, but forgot my fix (as I communicated to you), but instead chose to compensate by doing a calculation in his internal php code of subtracting the "val60" value from the "act" value to compute the trend. He does not do this for those that did a manual HTTP upload.

As stated, the direct support in MeteoBridge is just a convenience, but looking at the code, he distinguishes between a "meteobridge" configuration and a "meteobridge-api" configuration. This difference in trend value computation is not the only difference. The timestamps for maximum and minimum humidity and temperature also are being formatted differently.

So it is probably best if you, for the moment, revert the template back until you can coordinate with Brian for a new release of his SW. If he would upgrade this issue, not only would he become compliant with the realtime format, but his code also becomes simpler because he does not have to compensate for the difference between manually crafted http uploads and direct support uploads.
--dolf

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2017, 05:29:54 PM »
OK, switched back to val60. First round of ping-pong done ;-)

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2017, 09:33:32 AM »
Brian, Boris, Wim, Tom

Thanks to all - the new api within Meteobridge looks and works great! I do have one issue with my update Timestamp. The data is updating, but the time is stuck on 4:00:00 PM. I think this has something to do with the latest template update, since I get the same results if I switch back to the old services upload method.

http://myrtlebeachweather.org/pws/index.php

I know Brian will be away awhile - will have to see what he says.

Thanks again for your work!

Chuck
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:00:43 AM by prestwickwx »

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2017, 02:12:43 PM »
Brian, Boris, Wim, Tom

Thanks to all - the new api within Meteobridge looks and works great! I do have one issue with my update Timestamp. The data is updating, but the time is stuck on 4:00:00 PM. I think this has something to do with the latest template update, since I get the same results if I switch back to the old services upload method.

http://myrtlebeachweather.org/pws/index.php

I know Brian will be away awhile - will have to see what he says.

Thanks again for your work!

Chuck

Brian,

Just updated to the latest NEW VERSION 3.4-X4 (TUESDAY 30TH May 2017) using the Meteobridge API and the Timestamp issue is fixed. Everything looks great!

Chuck

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2017, 09:34:52 AM »
Brian,

Were there any changes in the homenotification.php with VERSION 3.4-X5 (Saturday 1st July 2017)? With the previous X4 version I was getting weather Alerts for High Heat Index and Dew Point. With X5 I stopped getting these alerts. I replace the homenotification.php with the latest X4 version and the Alerts returned.

The new format with the clock moved up looks great!

Thanks,

Chuck

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2017, 09:24:35 AM »
Brian,

Were there any changes in the homenotification.php with VERSION 3.4-X5 (Saturday 1st July 2017)? With the previous X4 version I was getting weather Alerts for High Heat Index and Dew Point. With X5 I stopped getting these alerts. I replace the homenotification.php with the latest X4 version and the Alerts returned.

Thanks,

Chuck

Brian,

Your latest update: VERSION 3.4-X5 (Tuesday 11th July 2017) seems to have fixed this issue.

Thanks,

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2017, 11:18:12 AM »
Brian,

Thanks,

Chuck

Brian,

Your latest update: VERSION 3.4-X5 (Tuesday 11th July 2017) seems to have fixed this issue.

Thanks,

Chuck

sorry im missing these posts , i didn't do anything in respect to notifications only change was to fix the heat index with the meteobridge api then im not sure if its correct still.

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2017, 11:26:11 AM »
No problem. I was not receiving alerts for High heat Index, but the latest update with the meteobridge api change seems to have fixed the issue. It is working fine now.

http://www.myrtlebeachweather.org/pws/index.php

Thanks,

Chuck

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2017, 11:33:32 AM »
No problem. I was not receiving alerts for High heat Index, but the latest update with the meteobridge api change seems to have fixed the issue. It is working fine now.

Thanks,

Chuck

Ok well if ok then it's good.. can't think what I've done to break it or fix it .. anyway appreciate if you could monitor the heat index for any anomalies.. I'm not sure if it's working ok as I can't test realtime I can only use a static file. Many thanks brian..

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2017, 11:38:39 AM »

Thanks,

Chuck

Ok well if ok then it's good.. can't think what I've done to break it or fix it .. anyway appreciate if you could monitor the heat index for any anomalies.. I'm not sure if it's working ok as I can't test realtime I can only use a static file. Many thanks brian..

I will let you know. So far it looks good. We have High Heat Index values (>100) almost daily this time of the year, so it will be easy to check.

Thanks,

Offline VinnyRI

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2017, 05:41:43 PM »
I'm trying to get the home weather station template working using meteobridge. On easyweather setup page I set data type to meteobridge-api and path to pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt. In meteobridge under weather network I put http://www.findleybackyardweathercranstonri.us/pws/mb.php. I get the template page with 0 data. If I use demodata/MBrealtimeupload.txt the demo will show up. I switch back to pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt the data will start to disappear with the update cycle. Everything but the data is there. Using a D-Link DIR505 with meteobridge. Seemed to get messed up after a reboot of meteobridge. The template was working. I have a green check mark in meteobridge for the api url. Also I deleted everything on my website for the homeweather station template and redownloaded it with the same results.

Vinny
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 05:45:56 PM by VinnyRI »

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2017, 08:25:03 PM »
I'm trying to get the home weather station template working using meteobridge. On easyweather setup page I set data type to meteobridge-api and path to pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt. In meteobridge under weather network I put http://www.findleybackyardweathercranstonri.us/pws/mb.php. I get the template page with 0 data. If I use demodata/MBrealtimeupload.txt the demo will show up. I switch back to pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt the data will start to disappear with the update cycle. Everything but the data is there. Using a D-Link DIR505 with meteobridge. Seemed to get messed up after a reboot of meteobridge. The template was working. I have a green check mark in meteobridge for the api url. Also I deleted everything on my website for the homeweather station template and redownloaded it with the same results.

Vinny

Vinny,

I have two suggestions that you can try.

First, your setup in Easyweather should have a path like http://www.findleybackyardweathercranstonri.us/pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt. Your meteobridge url should be fine.

Second, make sure that all of the files in your pws folder have permissions set to chmod 755.

Chuck

Offline VinnyRI

« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2017, 08:03:40 AM »

Vinny

Vinny,

First, your setup in Easyweather should have a path like http://www.findleybackyardweathercranstonri.us/pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt. Your meteobridge url should be fine.

Second, make sure that all of the files in your pws folder have permissions set to chmod 755.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I had pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt in the path to data file next to meteobridge-api. That should be fine but I changed it to http://www.findleybackyardweathercranstonri.us/pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt along with chmod 755 to all files in the pws folder. I'm using Filezilla. I right clicked on the pws folder and checked off the box ( recurse into sub directories ). I watched it go through all the files setting them to 755. Randomly checked a half dozen files and the permissions were 755.
Still getting everything but the data.

Vinny

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2017, 08:33:28 AM »

Vinny

Vinny,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I had pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt in the path to data file next to meteobridge-api. That should be fine but I changed it to http://www.findleybackyardweathercranstonri.us/pws/MBrealtimeupload.txt along with chmod 755 to all files in the pws folder. I'm using Filezilla. I right clicked on the pws folder and checked off the box ( recurse into sub directories ). I watched it go through all the files setting them to 755. Randomly checked a half dozen files and the permissions were 755.

Vinny

Sounds like you have everything correct. I would FTP in and delete the MBrealtimeupload.txt file on the server. Wait for the next upload from meteobridge and then check it again. I have seen it get corrupted when permissions are incorrect. Also, you might want to make sure you completely clear the cache from your browser. Chrome does not always give you the fresh page.

Offline VinnyRI

« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2017, 03:58:35 PM »

Vinny

Vinny,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Vinny

Sounds like you have everything correct. I would FTP in and delete the MBrealtimeupload.txt file on the server. Wait for the next upload from meteobridge and then check it again. I have seen it get corrupted when permissions are incorrect. Also, you might want to make sure you completely clear the cache from your browser. Chrome does not always give you the fresh page.

Deleted MBrealtimeupload.txt. A new file with 0 data was uploaded. Also cleared the cache and tried MS Edge with the same result. Totally stumped by this

Vinny

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »
Vinny, I installed Home Weather Station on my Meteobridge this weekend and had the same problem. I could display historical data but had no real-time data. After about 3 hours, frustrated and my wife said I am like a bear with a headache  :shock: , I re-checked the setup (Easysetup) and found that somehow I did not had any value in UTC. Set it to -5 and SUCCESS. All is working.

My suggestion to you is check that all the boxes are filled in.

Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline VinnyRI

« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
Vinny, I installed Home Weather Station on my Meteobridge this weekend and had the same problem. I could display historical data but had no real-time data. After about 3 hours, frustrated and my wife said I am like a bear with a headache  :shock: , I re-checked the setup (Easysetup) and found that somehow I did not had any value in UTC. Set it to -5 and SUCCESS. All is working.

My suggestion to you is check that all the boxes are filled in.

Hi dupreezd,

Expletitive bleepity bleep bleep bleep @#$%#$$%@#$%^ that did it. I had a 4 and changed it to -4 and all is well. Unbelievable. What made you think of changing that?

Vinny

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2017, 04:54:02 PM »
Vinny  =D> \:D/ glad it is working for you now.

I had nothing in there, so it was easy to spot after three hours lol. I just went slowly and checked everything.
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

anything