Author Topic: Digital Atmosphere  (Read 4086 times)

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Digital Atmosphere
« on: November 10, 2007, 08:50:13 PM »
Anyone have any feedback on this program? Looks like it might be kind of fun to play around with.

Offline Russell797

• Lowell Highlands Weather
Re: Digital Atmosphere
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »
Fun to play with. Highly customizable output. I used it for the 30 day trial period but could not for the life of me get the scripting function to display downloaded data (station data plots). Maybe it was just me?  #-o

Functioned as advertised in most every other way. Still a work in progress, some features not yet fully enabled. Worth the expense if you can get scripting to work properly. It's not well documented and your on your own to figure it out, but it's basically an intuitive program that graphically displays very nicely. Online forum was not of much help, but again maybe it's just me!   ](*,)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 01:09:11 PM by Russell797 »
Lowell Highlands Current Weather Conditions

Offline figarocat

• Oregon, WI Weather
Re: Digital Atmosphere
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 08:36:53 PM »
If you'd like to see some examples of what it can do, all of the maps on my page are produced with Digital Atmosphere's scripting feature.

http://mysite.verizon.net/figarocat/weather/weather.htm

I'll second what the previous poster said about it being a work in progress... most things work fine and overall it's a very useful and customizable tool, but there are definitely bugs that still need to be worked out. For example, plotting radar data sometimes crashes the program (which is why the maps on my page occasionally stop updating). Still, I use it for radar since it's the only program I've found that lets me create composite maps with multiple radar sites and overlay current obs.

anything