Author Topic: VYH003 Issue  (Read 3092 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
VYH003 Issue
« on: January 02, 2010, 08:59:01 PM »
I am sure this has been an issue for some time, but thought I would post.  I have a Davis VP2 and am running VWS version 14 P101.  I have also emailed Ed with this information.  

Yesterday we had a bit of a wind event.  The top gust was 34.  It was not picked up when it happened, but was picked up on the hourly sweep.  So, VHI003 (Today's Gust) reported 34 after the sweep, the VYH003 (Year High Gust) still reported 33.  Today VZH003 (Yesterday's High Gust) reports 34 and VYH003 still reports 33.  In addition to this, all of the NOAA reports are reporting 33 and were not updated by the sweep.  So, my website shows 34 and all of my historical data shows 33 for annual high gust.

If anybody has any thoughts, I would appreciate it.  I am waiting for Ed's response.  He has always been incredibly prompt in getting back to me.... He even responded with about 6 emails on Thanksgiving to me.  Actually, I am glad to see he is taking a weekend off.... We all need one of those every now and then.... =D>

FWIW, I added a historical total page to my site.  It is a matrix of basic data that I am interested in.  It also takes care of all the emails I get requesting historical data.  My site is www.skunkbayweather.com and in the middle of the page there is a link to "Detailed Weather Station History".  I like the matrix form for reporting.  I use it in my business when formatting reports.  Every value is hyperlinked to the daily totals for that month.  I am using the NOAA reports for this feature.

Thought I would share,
Greg

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:34:38 PM by GregJ »
Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain