Author Topic: Upgrade weatherlinkip firmware  (Read 2916 times)

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
Upgrade weatherlinkip firmware
« on: March 11, 2015, 02:24:42 PM »
Just in case anybody didn't know...received an e-mail from Davis stating that weatherlinkip with firmware versions of 1.0.7 or older need to be upgraded as they will no longer be able to transmit data to weatherlink.com after April 30th due to changes being made in the Weatherlink network systems. You can go to the Davis website for instructions and to download the latest version.
Don
Staten Island, NY

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
Re: Upgrade weatherlinkip firmware
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:32:19 AM »
Wondering how to find out what firmware im running?  Thanks
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:22 AM »
According to Davis, if you didn't get the email, then don't update. 
where to find?  go to your weatherlink.com page. log in and then go to My Account. Look at the bottom of the page, My devices, you will see the firmware version you have.

I wouldn't upgrade unless Davis said you needed to.  I  had 1.0.9  and then tried to upgrade,  not only did it brick my logger, but screwed up my console. Now both are on their way to be repaired.  Fortunately I have two Envoys.

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 11:52:04 AM »
Thanks updated both consoles and both WLip no problems.
Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 12:15:03 PM »
  You must be blessed and live the life style I should strive for.    Oh .. my console was bought in 2009 as the IP logger.  It just failed. I am assuming when Davis fixes both, they will update the firmware.  I have another console in the kitchen, but the wife wants it there.  :(

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 01:42:05 PM »
  You must be blessed and live the life style I should strive for.    Oh .. my console was bought in 2009 as the IP logger.  It just failed. I am assuming when Davis fixes both, they will update the firmware.  I have another console in the kitchen, but the wife wants it there.  :(

Things dont always go that smooth for me. "A broken clock is right twice a day"
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

anything