Author Topic: How long before Madis updates QC  (Read 2804 times)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
How long before Madis updates QC
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »
Ok I was getting errors about my Barometer having low numbers. It said probably the software wasn't reporting the correct elevation. I thought this was strange because It was fine before. I went and did some work fixing my mount since it was shagging to the side from the Spring Storms. So I fixed it and got it all solid again. Checked VWS and it was all correct. Except I was having problems with the FTP and sending to HW. So I uninstalled VWS and reinstalled it. Then open Weatherlink and noticed the Elevation for waaaay off in it. I corrected it and it changed on the Console instantly. Thing is I don't use the Weatherlink, just VWS and it was set right.  I was comparing to other stations in my area and I am pretty close if not right on to other in my area but my QC is failing.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/C9936

Then for the stations in my area.... Mine it at the top....

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxnear.cgi?call=CW9936

So question is should I ignore this and just give it time to catch up and if so how long does that take? When should I start looking to maybe calibrate it?

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: How long before Madis updates QC
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 04:10:35 PM »
Ok I was getting errors about my Barometer having low numbers. It said probably the software wasn't reporting the correct elevation. I thought this was strange because It was fine before. I went and did some work fixing my mount since it was shagging to the side from the Spring Storms. So I fixed it and got it all solid again. Checked VWS and it was all correct. Except I was having problems with the FTP and sending to HW. So I uninstalled VWS and reinstalled it. Then open Weatherlink and noticed the Elevation for waaaay off in it. I corrected it and it changed on the Console instantly. Thing is I don't use the Weatherlink, just VWS and it was set right.  I was comparing to other stations in my area and I am pretty close if not right on to other in my area but my QC is failing.

http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/C9936

Then for the stations in my area.... Mine it at the top....

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxnear.cgi?call=CW9936

So question is should I ignore this and just give it time to catch up and if so how long does that take? When should I start looking to maybe calibrate it?

I have been pondering the same thing! I have had numerous outages and sensor faults that transmitted bad data earlier this month and my checks have gone to..well lets just say a much hotter place :grin:
The explanation tend to lean toward a barometer that is stuck or too low..however it tracks right along with little difference from the other local stations.

I guess it's really no big deal but I just hate to see the big red X's on something I am working on!  Personal peeve maybe!

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
cw8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 05:00:52 PM »
Double check all your data and make sure all your settings are good. It took a couple weeks for mine check out but it finally did. What's funny is it only takes a day to detect a problem, but takes weeks for it to correct it...LoL Don't get it....

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 10:53:18 PM »
Oh Yeah!
I sure know what you mean there!
My last problem was a sensor drop out that transmitted sub zero data on temp and humidity for several hours before the wife caught it and paged me.
Then it was a problem getting dialed into the server from work to turn off the data stream until I could get there that evening and get it rectified!

A little bad data goes a long .long way!

Wayne

www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

anything