Author Topic: Lightsoft Weather Center v2.0 for MAC  (Read 4644 times)

Offline pbeaudet

Lightsoft Weather Center v2.0 for MAC
« on: August 01, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
Check it out! This is a great piece of software.  =D>

http://www.lightsoft.co.uk/LWC/

Offline smorris

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Long Road Station
Re: Lightsoft Weather Center v2.0 for MAC
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »
An updates to the above old post. Lightwave Weather Center's developer is on a short leave and temporarily closed the web site. It is supposedto return in early 2012. Meanwhile, the users and some of the folks who have written plug-ins and Apple Scripts have taken refuge at MacWeather.net as a temporary home.

The current  2.11 beta is nearly flawless on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, and works fine on Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

To update anyone who is using or has taken a look at LWC2 in the past, there are some new plug-ins developed by the user community. LWC2 comes with CWOP and Weather Underground uploading built in, as well as generating a simple web page or custom web pages and working with webcam images. Users have been active making new templates and modifications to the custom templates. LWC2 has been able to upload data to AWEKAS, the UK Met Office WOW program, and a couple of the Weather Networks. Recently Ken helped us build a template for the Midwestern Weather Network. We've also recently developed AppleScripts for posting to Twitter and just today finished testing of WeatherBug and PWS Weather uploaders.

So. if you've looked at Lightsoft Weather Center before, or are interested in a full-featured Macintosh-based weather application, check out LWC.

Steve
(No affiliation with Lightsoft Weather Center other than being a satisfied user and advocate.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:41:00 AM by smorris »
Steve - Avon, Ohio
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus w/FARS, Leaf & Soil Station

CWOP • WU • AWEKAS • CoCoRaHS • Skywarn • MWWN • UK Met • PWS • WeatherBug • TwitterFacebook

Offline AridZona

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »
I've been running LWC since I put my station up in September, and my experience with it has been excellent (on both Leopard and Snow Leopard).  My only 'burps' in transmitted data have been due to problems with my ISP, nothing to do with LWC.  I run it in the background on my main home computer (a 20" iMac that's a few years old) and it works flawlessly.  I just checked stats this morning, currently have just over 650,000 packets sent with zero comm errors and zero sensor errors.  I send data to both CWOP and WUG.

I've thought about giving the other Mac weather programs a try just out of curiosity, but then I figure that LWC is working perfectly for me, so why try to improve upon perfection?  It's been a "set it and forget it" experience which has required no tinkering/troubleshooting.

(As Steve said - no affiliation with LWC here, just a very satisfied user)

Mac
Davis 6153 VP2 w/FARS | LWC 2.10

Offline stu-in-flag

• Contributor
    • stu-in-flag
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:41:42 AM »
Which weather stations are compatible with LWC?

Offline smorris

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Long Road Station
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 08:44:16 AM »
Which weather stations are compatible with LWC?

From the LWC User manual:
LWC is designed to work with hardware-based weather stations and at the time of writing works with the following stations:
• Davis Vantage, Vue, Envoy, Monitor and Wizard stations. LWC also supports the WeatherLinkIP data-logger.
• La Crosse WS23xx range of stations.
• Oregon Scientific WMR 928/968 stations.
• WeatherHawk stations equipped with an IP server module.
Steve - Avon, Ohio

CWOP • WU • AWEKAS • CoCoRaHS • Skywarn • MWWN • UK Met • PWS • WeatherBug • TwitterFacebook

Offline mopac01

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »
This sounds like what I'm looking for.  I've just ordered a VP2 and Sloweather's dsi-01 rather that the Davis logger.  LWC should work with the dsi-01 right?

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:50:48 PM »
Thanks for the interest!

I haven't received an email re: a DSI-01 order via PayPal. Email or PM me for the order page URLs (US or international).

Chris

Offline smorris

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Long Road Station
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 08:27:22 AM »
This sounds like what I'm looking for.  I've just ordered a VP2 and Sloweather's dsi-01 rather that the Davis logger.  LWC should work with the dsi-01 right?

I don't know of any LWC user that is using one yet, so you will be out test dummy. :) I sure don't see why it wouldn't, though.

For any help with setting your new VP2 up with LWC on Lion, check these threads

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio

anything