Author Topic: Apro Exception  (Read 19637 times)

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
Apro Exception
« on: July 23, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
For Your Information!

I decided to add a program to my "Weather" computer. I followed instructions to shut down all windows programs before installing. After a successful install, I restarted StartWatch which first started VirtualVP. VirtualVP refused to run due to an "Apro Exception" error. After a google search, I was able to fix the problem by going to "System Properties" => Hardware => Device Manager => Ports (COM & LPT) => Communications Port (COM1) Right Click then "Disable". Shutdown, restart, again go to Communications Port (COM1) Right Click then "Enable" and I was back in business. A real easy fix to a heart stopper that I would have never figured out.

George

Offline Andy Thompson

• Southern Minnesota Live Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Madelia and Thompson Farms
Re: Apro Exception
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:02:30 PM »
I looked in there and I could not find Ports. I'm using Windows 7.
Regards,
Andy Thompson
www.somnwx.com

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
Andy,
Over the past 6 months the Apro Exception problem has faded from my memory. I don't remember doing anything to correct it for good, I think I would have posted here if I did, I guess it left just as it arrived. I am using Windows XP Pro. Perhaps, Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom has decided users of Windows 7 do not need to control their ports. Try to find port control in Win7, then disable the port your weather system is using, then enable it and hopefully that will work.
Good Luck,
George

Offline jay_hoehn

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Jay's Woodcrafts
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 11:37:03 AM »
George,  Andy is using an IP logger.  There are no com ports on his computer.

Jay
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
VVP
Weather Display

Offline Andy Thompson

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 09:11:20 PM »
May this have to do with firewall settings?
Regards,
Andy Thompson
www.somnwx.com

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »
The weather computer at work will do that occasionally after a windows update, VWS will report No Comm Port Found or a Comm Port in Use. I go into the control panel and delete the port and the let windows re-add the port and then VWS restarts normally. This doesnt happen every time.

Offline Andy Thompson

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 06:42:45 AM »
I must not be making my self clear. I DO NOT have a comm port on my computer. I have the TCPIP version of the Davis data logger. So that means I have to run the data through one of the TCPIP ports on my computer. I don't understand why I can't get VVP to work when VWS, WeatherLink, and Cumulus work fine when they run separate.

UPDATE on 1-25-11 @ 08:15 PM
I now have a serial card and a serial data logger arriving for my windows 7 dell laptop that should be arriving sometime tomorrow. I figured that messing with these "virtual serial ports" was a waste of time. So, in conclusion, I will no longer be using the WeatherLink IP data logger. I am trading data loggers with another person here on the forum. The serial card, was custom manufactured for my laptop. It was manufactured yesterday. According to all other users on this forum, the serial setup is for the more advanced weather station owners, and is much more reliable than the IP data logger. Finally feel like I'm joining up with the rest of the forum   :lol: =D> \:D/ :lol: =D> \:D/ :lol: =D> \:D/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:21:42 PM by Andy Thompson »
Regards,
Andy Thompson
www.somnwx.com

anything