Author Topic: Indoor Temperature Is Shown As Dashes  (Read 1109 times)

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
Indoor Temperature Is Shown As Dashes
« on: March 08, 2018, 06:11:49 AM »
When I want to see the graph of the outdoor temperature on the Davis Vantage PRO 2 on the console while viewing this the indoor temperature is shown as dashes?.
This is not in graph mode but while in normal mode. The indoor humidity is still shown though as normal to the right of where the indoor temperature usually displays.
I have a feeling that this can be fixed if I just pressed the right buttons, but cannot find a fix from the console manual.

When I went into graph mode it only showed data from the indoor temperature not the outdoor?.

Offline BudPrine

Re: Indoor Temperature Is Shown As Dashes
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 08:21:45 AM »
This may be a battery issue or capacitor issue in the sensor suite.  Did you get a "low battery" warning.  It maybe replacing the battery solves your problem..  If the new battery goes dead fairly quickly it then its a capacitor problem and the station needs to go in for service.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 12:15:05 PM »
This may be a battery issue or capacitor issue in the sensor suite.  Did you get a "low battery" warning.  It maybe replacing the battery solves your problem..  If the new battery goes dead fairly quickly it then its a capacitor problem and the station needs to go in for service.

That is almost certainly **NOT** the cause.  This isn't an ISS issue.

When I want to see the graph of the outdoor temperature on the Davis Vantage PRO 2 on the console while viewing this the indoor temperature is shown as dashes?.
This is not in graph mode but while in normal mode. The indoor humidity is still shown though as normal to the right of where the indoor temperature usually displays.
I have a feeling that this can be fixed if I just pressed the right buttons, but cannot find a fix from the console manual.

When I went into graph mode it only showed data from the indoor temperature not the outdoor?.

Is this repeatable after you do a complete power-down (remove battery and AC) of the console and re-start the console?

What is the firmware version of the console?

What, exactly, do you mean by "graph mode"?

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 01:34:46 PM »
Just to be sure, make sure that above the dashes where the indoor temperature should be it says "TEMP IN", and not "TEMP 2" or something.

Offline raldridge

• Glenorchy
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 05:08:38 PM »
Hi SnowHiker,
When I select the outdoor temperature just above the dashes for the indoor temperature it says "TEMP 3"
Hi dalecoy
Where do I find the firmware version of the console?
Graph mode is when I press the GRAPH button on the front of the console and the rest of the screen goes blank and it only displays the graph information for the indoor temperature
only and not for the outdoor.
No, I have not yet done a complete power-down for the console to fix this issue.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
When I select the outdoor temperature just above the dashes for the indoor temperature it says "TEMP 3"
That's your problem then.  I believe you can just keep pushing the TEMP button on the console until it says TEMP IN, then you should be good to go.

If you don't have extra temp stations, I would go into setup and turn all the other stations off (except the ISS and any other stations you may have).

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 08:30:01 PM »
See pages 10-11 of your console instruction manual, for how to turn on/off the settings.

See page 39 for how to see the firmware version.

anything