Author Topic: Acurite Access wall bracket?  (Read 722 times)

Offline elena

Acurite Access wall bracket?
« on: March 27, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »
Do anybody knows if there is  a wall mounting bracket for Access? 

Thank you

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
Re: Acurite Access wall bracket?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 03:01:23 PM »
Do anybody knows if there is  a wall mounting bracket for Access? 

Thank you
You do mean Access, not Atlas...correct?

The Access is only intended to sit on a flat surface. I'm not seeing any way to mount it to a wall other than building a small shelf to set it on.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »
I just assumed elena meant Atlas, since I've never heard of anyone thinking you could put Access on a wall. You could just put up a shelf and sit the access on it if you want it high up. LOL

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 04:19:58 PM »
I just assumed elena meant Atlas, since I've never heard of anyone thinking you could put Access on a wall. You could just put up a shelf and sit the access on it if you want it high up. LOL

I remember someone else here asking this question.  I'm guessing the reasoning was that they wanted wanted to mount the Access easily in their network closet.  They were also interested in powering the Access over ethernet.

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to for Acurite (or someone with a 3D printer) to come up with a wall mounting bracket for the Access.  Basically it would just be a glorified shelf with some cable management.

POE would certainly be handy, too, but I'm not sure how common it is in home networks.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 09:28:07 PM »
If it is the Access, one of the adjustable arm mounts for webcams will work.  Kinda weird though methinks.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 07:33:24 AM »
I don't own an Access to check, but would assume that something like this would fit around the silver ring at the very bottom:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-2-in-Galvanized-Tube-Strap-2-Hole-33501/303434698

Another option is to do what I did with my oval-shaped WeatherFlow Hub to hang it on the wall.  I removed the internal guts, and transplanted them into a plastic electronics "project box" with mounting tabs on it.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline elena

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 07:50:16 AM »
Hi,  No I did not mean Atlas, I meant Access.  I need to mount the access to the wall, because my router is installed on the wall in one of the bedrooms. 

Thank you

Offline elena

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 07:57:13 AM »
May be a white one like this
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]