Author Topic: AcuRite Pro Upgrade question  (Read 443 times)

Offline JoeN

AcuRite Pro Upgrade question
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:54:02 PM »
First of all - Hi to everyone, new to forum

Recently purchased AcuRite Pro Upgrade model # 06003m for my 3 yr. old 5 in 1 weather station model # 01512, the Anemometer bearings had gone bad

Received and installed Pro Upgrade on existing unit, no problems and is working properly

I noticed that the Pro Upgrade "solar panels" (2 of them) do NOT have a protective weather covering as compared to the original 5 in 1 units solar panel, so this is my question, should the new Upgrade have protective covers over the "solar panels" or is this how AcuRite is making them now

I'm hoping some of the forum users here have done this same upgrade and can answer this question, I have tried to contact AcuRite about this but finding that to be next to impossible :-(

Thanks

Joe

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: AcuRite Pro Upgrade question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:58:03 PM »
No they do not have the clear plastic protective cover over them on the dual solar update. Mine is around 4 yrs old, and one of the panels has faded, but still works just fine... Even on the original 1 panel model, with the cover, the solar panel still faded after years of use.

Offline JoeN

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »
thank you very much for the quick response :-)

Offline Victoria

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 02:23:09 PM »
From an AcuRite point of view (hi, I work for AcuRite!) I've never heard about it causing any problems for our customers, even on a small scale.

Offline JoeN

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 12:56:41 PM »
@ Victoria, thank you for the info