Author Topic: Dew Point  (Read 424 times)

Offline philliez92

Dew Point
« on: December 23, 2018, 10:11:33 AM »
Hey all!
  I have had my AcuRite station for 3.5 years now, and it’s the 5-in-1 connected to wifi with a bridge.  When I originally got it, the station reported the dew point to the tenth online.  However, I had to get a new bridge from AcuRite a few years ago, and it started reporting online to the nearest whole number.  I recently moved and just set it back up and am wondering if anybody knows what controls the reading, so that I can get it back to readings to the tenth?
  It was never a big deal to me, but now that I’m setting it all back up again, I figured that I would ask.  Thank you for any help!

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Dew Point
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 10:18:15 AM »
Hey all!
  I have had my AcuRite station for 3.5 years now, and it’s the 5-in-1 connected to wifi with a bridge.  When I originally got it, the station reported the dew point to the tenth online.  However, I had to get a new bridge from AcuRite a few years ago, and it started reporting online to the nearest whole number.  I recently moved and just set it back up and am wondering if anybody knows what controls the reading, so that I can get it back to readings to the tenth?
  It was never a big deal to me, but now that I’m setting it all back up again, I figured that I would ask.  Thank you for any help!

I assume you're talking about myAcurite?

Look under the Settings/Devices menu.  At the top of that screen you should see a "Display Units" section.  Click "edit" and you can set whether temps are displayed with tenths or not.

Offline philliez92

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 10:30:59 AM »
Hey all!

Look under the Settings/Devices menu.  At the top of that screen you should see a "Display Units" section.  Click "edit" and you can set whether temps are displayed with tenths or not.

Thanks for the wuick reply!  Yes, I tried that, and my air temp has always reported in tenths, but the dew point does not.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 10:51:21 AM »
Hey all!

Thanks for the wuick reply!  Yes, I tried that, and my air temp has always reported in tenths, but the dew point does not.

Hmmm... if you're talking 3.5 years ago, myAcurite wasn't around yet.  That was MyBackYardWeather.  I don't remember if MBW displayed dewpoint in tenths or not.

If your Access or SmartHUB is sending data to wunderground, I believe dewpoint is displayed there in tenths regardless of the myAcurite settings.

Offline philliez92

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 08:26:17 AM »
Yea, back then it reported in tenths and changed to whole numbers around the time of the switch.  Wunderground reported as a whole number as well.  Oh well, not a big deal, I just didn’t know if anybody knew what happened.  Thank you for your replies!

anything