Author Topic: Meteobridge Pro, Davis ISS, Enclosure  (Read 833 times)

Offline StevenB

Meteobridge Pro, Davis ISS, Enclosure
« on: April 26, 2018, 03:40:32 PM »
I'm about take the leap (technical background but not a previous weather station owner).  Here are my questions:
1) If I only get the ISS (including Solar/UV sensors) without the Davis Console, do you expect setup will be straightforward with the MB Pro?  There is nothing I'd need the Davis console to do to set up the ISS or initiate data flow from it?  MB Pro handles data from solar, UV and any other Davis sensors I add later?
2) For case where I keep MB Pro in house: I read that the MB Pro only has a range to the ISS of around 300 feet. This has to mean that the Davis console receiver is more sensitive than the MB Pro. Is the MB Pro compatible with the Davis 7627 Wireless Repeater?  What antenna options that attach to the MB Pro might I consider for line-of-sight above 300 feet?
3) If I plan to put the MB Pro, a router (MR-3020), a USB cellular modem (NG LB1120), a small solar charge controller, and a 12V 20Ah battery in a NEMA 4x enclosure (8"x8"x12", gray), anyone have an estimation what the heat buildup might be for a worst-case 100 degree day?
4) Was there ever a solution for the situation where your internet connection is down, MB Pro continues to record data, when connection is back up data is pushed or automatically retrieved from MB Pro?
5) Still no source for MB Pro in USA besides Ambient?

Thanks,
Steven

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Meteobridge Pro, Davis ISS, Enclosure
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »
If I only get the ISS (including Solar/UV sensors) without the Davis Console, do you expect setup will be straightforward with the MB Pro?...
As straight forward as it can be, it's not that complicated

....There is nothing I'd need the Davis console to do to set up the ISS or initiate data flow from it?...
Not that I can think of

....MB Pro handles data from solar, UV and any other Davis sensors I add later?...
Yes

2. MBPro range is less than a Davis console and dependent on what is in the way, 300 feet can even be a bit much depending.

.... Is the MB Pro compatible with the Davis 7627 Wireless Repeater?
Yes

...What antenna options that attach to the MB Pro might I consider for line-of-sight above 300 feet?...
I haven't found different antenna options do all that much better

3. Give yourself as much air space as you can and will depend on location of the primary enclosure. Quite a few variables with this one so nothing is fixed in stone. I do have examples but they may not be relevant to your setup? 20Ah may not run a router and MBPro for that long.

4. MBPro does the pushing nothing is automatically retrieved (as such). In the event of internet issues then this will be totally relative to what templates, networks you are using in relation to upload times. As long as the MB continues to run then no data is lost (as such) and can be stored to MB at whatever interval/time you require but upload specifics on short intervals will be.     

Offline StevenB

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
Thanks for the responses.

I'm sure I'll eventually register over at meteohub.de, but any idea why the comparison here does not include Meteobridge Pro and doesn't reflect current licensing terms (2yr cycle):
http://www.smartbedded.com/wiki/index.php/Comparison

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 12:16:34 AM »
I will need to update that. Thanks for the hint.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick