Author Topic: NOAA Weather Radio Org Quality / Reliability Tools  (Read 8062 times)

Offline satcop

• Senior Contributor
    • Clifton Virginia Weather
Re: NOAA Weather Radio Org Quality / Reliability Tools
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 05:47:19 PM »
Could the emails on dropping below 84% stop after the stream comes back up.  Had two power outages on a couple of streams and until the 24 hours cleared kept getting "spam" emails telling me that it was below 84% even though the stream had been back up for 20 hours.
Clifton, Virginia Weather

Blitzortung Stations 1189, 1451 - CWOP EW1675

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
    • NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 06:20:48 PM »
Could the emails on dropping below 84% stop after the stream comes back up.  Had two power outages on a couple of streams and until the 24 hours cleared kept getting "spam" emails telling me that it was below 84% even though the stream had been back up for 20 hours.

Yes we will work on changing the notifications.  We will base it on most recent four consecutive hourly unable to connect events which is roughly <84% in 24 hours.  We will continue to send hourly notifications if subsequent hourly checks produce another unable to connect event.  At the first successful hourly check, we'll reset the counter, send a notification that the stream is now available and quit sending  any further notifications.

Time frame wise, we'll try to have it teted and implemented by early next week or sooner if possible.

Thanks for your feedback

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:13:33 PM by NWROrg Team »

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 10:13:57 PM »
Anyone else unable to connect to server?
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Randy

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 10:35:30 PM »
Everybody seems to be ok...
try rebooting m3w
check your Id and Password????

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »
It started again after hitting play something was down though, I've tried for some time to get it going and was finding many stations (not all) down. Looks like they are coming up again, Jerry was down in Lincoln also, only one running in Nebraska was one of the alternate.   
Randy

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »
Availability Alerts

As requested we have changed the alerts to stop on the first successful connection attempt.  This is the way it works:

If the last four consecutive hourly attempts are unsuccessful that will trigger an Alert Email.
If subsequent hourly connection attempts are unsuccessful another Alert Email will be sent.  The hourly emails will continue as long as we are not able to connect to the stream
On the first successful hourly connection attempt the counters are reset and a final email is sent indicating the stream has restored. 

Below are examples of the Alert Email and the Restored Email.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply.

Alert Email Example

Restored Email Example

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2018, 02:05:54 AM »
Thanks to using the monitoring tool provided, I hope I've tweaked settings good enough to move up from a hollow star to a full star!  The check for static/distortion was hardest to get to good.   Thanks for providing that tool.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline NWROrg Team

• Save A Life
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »
QRA has been inaccessible since approximately 2 am EST today, due to a Network Outage.  This Kills the QRA ratings and reports, as well as updates, messages etc.  There is no estimate from Network Provider for service restoration. The main NOAA Weather Radio ORG site and data is Not affected by this issue, except the QRA communication, and perhaps a few streams from the same network provider. 

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 01:29:15 PM »
I've started streaming from my PI to Broadcastify as well as Crushed box.  Been reviewing some things on the Broadcastify forum.  Ran across this other piece of software called RadioFeed that could be another piece of Windows streaming software as an option.  I haven't downloaded it.  But looking at the screen shots, it has a tab that shows a wave representation of your feed.  And another scope tab that appears to have notch filters that my be good to get rid of noise.  It's free.  And it looks like you can run multiple copies from different folders to host multiple streams.

https://www.proscan.org/
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 02:12:20 PM »
I've started streaming from my PI to Broadcastify as well as Crushed box.  Been reviewing some things on the Broadcastify forum.  Ran across this other piece of software called RadioFeed that could be another piece of Windows streaming software as an option.  I haven't downloaded it.  But looking at the screen shots, it has a tab that shows a wave representation of your feed.  And another scope tab that appears to have notch filters that my be good to get rid of noise.  It's free.  And it looks like you can run multiple copies from different folders to host multiple streams.

https://www.proscan.org/

I've used it for over a year and is very good.  It also shows how many are currently listening as will as the max number.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

anything