Author Topic: Indoor/Outdoor temps  (Read 1340 times)

Offline LIWeather

• Senior Contributor
Indoor/Outdoor temps
« on: December 26, 2008, 09:59:52 AM »
I recently got a Vantage Pro 2 for Christmas. I set everything up and tested it before installing. I had the ISS sitting inside overnight and had the console running. Figuring the temp in the house isnt that far off in different rooms (doors remained opened too) there is an 8 degree difference in the displayed temperature between the inside and outside temps. The humidity data also shows a difference of 7 (38% out/33% in). What gives?

I would tend to think the outdoor temp would be more accurate but I cannot figure out why there would be such a difference between both temps while both are inside. Is this a problem or something I overlooked?

Offline mmorris

• Forecaster
  • Hope your day is full of sunshine
    • Weather and Racin
Re: Indoor/Outdoor temps
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 11:21:23 AM »
This is brought up several time by new owners. Mine was the same way just put the thing that goes outside outside and you are going to be ok..

I recently got a Vantage Pro 2 for Christmas. I set everything up and tested it before installing. I had the ISS sitting inside overnight and had the console running. Figuring the temp in the house isnt that far off in different rooms (doors remained opened too) there is an 8 degree difference in the displayed temperature between the inside and outside temps. The humidity data also shows a difference of 7 (38% out/33% in). What gives?

I would tend to think the outdoor temp would be more accurate but I cannot figure out why there would be such a difference between both temps while both are inside. Is this a problem or something I overlooked?
>>Miles<<  By from Portage Lakes, OH.
Been using VWS since 1996 Ver# 14.01P43
Wireless Vantage Pro2Plus Serial Data Logger, Anemo Tran Kit
Win XP, Firefox, WXSIM, Cumulus, NexStorm, Yawcam, VVP, BadBlue Web server, Quake Catcher Net
Follow me on twitter
Vietnam era Veteran USAF bb loader
Quadruple Bypass survivor