Author Topic: Internet Bridge not updating Weather Underground?  (Read 4910 times)

Offline avalanch

Internet Bridge not updating Weather Underground?
« on: May 26, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »
Just purchased a new AcuRite Internet Bridge and have it up and running. The Bridge is updating My Back Yard Weather fine, just not updating Weather Underground properly. Every once in a while it will show a correct reading, but most of the time it show very weird reading, graphs up and down, very sporadic readings. What else is there to do beside choose "Share My Bridge" and fill in the correct info? I hope this will end up working, this is one of the main reasons I purchased the Bridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and by the way, I am using the 5 in 1 with the Bridge, thanks again everyone...:)

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: Internet Bridge not updating Weather Underground?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 02:09:51 PM »
Do you have an USB equiped station from acurite, like1025/1035?
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline avalanch

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 02:36:23 PM »
No I do not have a USB station, I am using the AcuRite Internet Bridge that connects to your router and gathers data from your 5 in 1 sensor. Every now and then the correct data shows in Weather Underground, but it never lasts or is consistent..

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
Ah, I understand. If you had an USB equipped acurite station you could use Meteobridge aka Weatherbridge to bring you data to WU and a couple of other weather networks and to your own server. But this needs a USB enabled acurite base station.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 02:52:24 PM »
Hi avalanch,

Can you share your public weather underground ID with me either in the thread here or with a PM? I would like to see the data to see if I can determine what is going on.

Thanks,
Ryan

Offline WPCJ

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 07:38:55 PM »
I am having the same problem.  My problem started about the same time as this post.  Works great with My Backyard but not updating with Weather Underground.  Can someone please HELP.
Acu-Rite 01515. Reecom R-1630. Skywarn spotter. Member of Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES). Member of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA).

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »
When you are looking for
  • wlan access to your accurite internet bridge - to place it anywhere you like as long as you are in WiFi reach
  • high frequency weather underground uploads
  • uploads to many other networks including your own servers
  • ... and much more
a Meteobridge might be your swiss-army knife. Meteobridge can grab data from acurite internet bridge. If you are interested, you can find more details at "www.meteobridge.com". There are already some acurite internet bridge users going that way...

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »
Sure would be nice if you guys would put your WU ID's someplace in your profile.   We might be able to see something if we had any idea which station you are.

Offline WPCJ

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »
Sorry.

Here is my info.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KPAALBIO2

If you need anything else please feel free to ask.

Thank you for your time on this matter.

Acu-Rite 01515. Reecom R-1630. Skywarn spotter. Member of Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES). Member of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA).

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »
In the stock configuration, the AcuLink bridge does not update wunderground directly.

It's the AcuLink site (MyBackyardWeather.com) that sends data to wunderground.

The first thing I'd check is if the information under "Share my bridge" on MyBackyardWeather.com is correct.

If that's all correct, you'll probably need to call AcuRite's support line as there's probably something wrong with your account. 

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »
I just took a look at your data.  Obviously your account info must be right since you are getting data through sometimes.

I'd contact Acurite and have them take a look at your account.  Whatever the problem is, it isn't under your direct control.

Offline WPCJ

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
Thank you for your info.

Do you have a phone number or email address to where I can direct this issue?

Thank you again for your input on this issue.

-Paul

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 09:26:58 PM »
Thank you for your info.

Do you have a phone number or email address to where I can direct this issue?

Thank you again for your input on this issue.

-Paul

Acurite's support number is: (877) 221-1252

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 07:18:33 PM »
Put a Meteobridge around it and forget about limited acurite weather network updates...  :lol:

Offline angmi90

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 04:28:50 PM »
Put a Meteobridge around it and forget about limited acurite weather network updates...  :lol:

I agree! I've done this with my Acu-Rite Internet Bridge and now I have 10 second rapid fire updates to WUnderground as well as updates to WeatherBug, PWSWeather and CWOP.

anything