Author Topic: Anemometer stuck on North  (Read 2315 times)

Offline basenji9

Anemometer stuck on North
« on: January 12, 2008, 07:53:03 AM »
Have a problem with anemometer stuck on North this morning. Speed is working fine but arrow on console is dead North in spite of  light West winds. Occasionally I will see a quick West arrow blip on console but it is only for a second and then dominant dark arrow is back North. Winds are not shifting, they are 1-3 MPH West. Visual of vane shows obvious West. Sound like a short or something?
Carl H - Pitman, NJ
Davis Vantage Pro2

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
Re: Anemometer stuck on North
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 08:16:32 AM »
Is the mast arm of the anemometer aimed in the right direction? Have the readings been correct in the past?

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE

Offline basenji9

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 08:35:51 AM »
Anthony,
Yes, mast set up is correct on North and direction and speed have been no problem since being set up a few weeks ago.
Just wondering, we received 1.2" rain yesterday and today there is my first problem. Wondering about possible short
but it seems to me speed would also be incorrect but that is working fine, just direction is erroneous.
Carl H - Pitman, NJ
Davis Vantage Pro2

Offline Anthony

• Forecaster
    • Anthony's Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 08:38:42 AM »
The is a Davis owner on another forum that has a problem opposite yours. He found water had entered on of the connections and was causing a short. You could very well have the same problem. Check your connections and make sure they are dry.

Thanks,
Anthony
WB8YUE