Author Topic: 2009 season  (Read 2762 times)

Offline kf6bka

• My home weather station
    • VoIP Hurricane Net
2009 season
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:22:13 PM »
With only 3 months left till hurricane season 2009 do you feel your ready and what do you think this season will bring?
Rich
kf6bka
VoIP Hurricane Net Control

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: 2009 season
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:09:11 PM »
I just mentioned to the wife yesterday that we should fill up the gas containers for the genny.
Other then that there is really not much else for me to do. The genny would power the well and for food I have a whole truck load of Little Debbie, that is if we ate everything else. :grin:
I sure hope it's a light season. With the economy the way it is cities, counties and states could be stretched to the breaking point if it's a bad season.
Hopefully just a couple tropical storms and some Cat 1's but I fear mother nature is going to drop the hammer on someplace this year.
Remember last year. Cuba got hit by 2 cat 4"s and a cat 3. :shock:
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline weatherman

• facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 02:06:31 AM »
With only 3 months left till hurricane season 2009 do you feel your ready and what do you think this season will bring?

Now its only 1 month away from Hurricane Season & Kens5 news out of San Antonio TX has not said anything about hurricane season yet but I know they will.  I been living here is Schertz TX for about 1 yr now moved from Hopkinsville KY which dont see hurricanes & I wanted to see one well havent yet but I am still looking forward to one. The #1 problem living in a hurricane area is Flooding NO ONE LISTENS.  I think some ppl are prepared for one & some are not I know I am not ready at all. I am looking forward in a Active Hurricane Season cause I love them & I can Predict where a Hurricane will hit in 3-5days before it makes landfall.
Take Care
Kevin

CoCoRaHS - KY-CH-4 Gracey, KY
Storm Spotter For Western KY

Offline StormChase Group

• Hi-Tec-Red-Nek
    • The Weather BB
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »
So far this season has been pretty quiet from what I can tell, the one currently in E-Pac seems to be weakening and moving into colder waters.
Shawn Gossman
The Weather BB - A free weather and climate message forum open to all ages.
StormChase Group - My Storm Chasing Videos on YouTube.com.

Offline port1

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 06:20:16 PM »
I'm part of the Emergency Manager Group sponsored by the Weather Channel, and they too are saying "quiet" right now.
We'll see.... :?:
KNYFLORA5
WMR968
VWS v14.00 p73
CoCoRaHS NY-NS-7
CWOP DW1891
SKYWARN 09-148