Author Topic: Web Security  (Read 1056 times)

Offline DAVE Z

Web Security
« on: August 09, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »
    Besides my weather website I put together a website for a local website. It was hacked into by an Asian country. When I google the site (Croftonlakeview.com) a lot of links appear with oriental text. My website is full of files I never loaded. I asked Bluehost (My host) if they provided any web security. They said I should call sitelock.com. Sitelock.com wants $50/month. Is this the standard? Is this a shakdown? I use a password generated by Bluehost them self. My weather website was hacked years ago also but it was just one line of HTML in one file that a Chinese company  added. They actually added dozens of files this time. Does this happen to everyone? Bluehost said they can not protect my websites.

Dave Z

Offline DAVE Z

Re: Web Security
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 02:34:57 PM »
This is a follow up to my last post. I changed my web host to HOSTGATOR.COM They will give me site protection at less than 1/10th what bluehost wanted. My issue is settled.

Online Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 08:30:17 PM »
Glad to see that.

CW3699

Offline graculus

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 09:10:28 PM »
This is a follow up to my last post. I changed my web host to HOSTGATOR.COM They will give me site protection at less than 1/10th what bluehost wanted. My issue is settled.

Ha! They are the same company  :lol:

Offline DAVE Z

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 01:07:37 AM »
Well I got a better deal in any case

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 06:42:57 AM »
All i did was block most if not all the dodgy countries, its not like they would have a great interest in my weather in the UK, so blocking the whole country makes sense :)
Kind regards
Bashy