Author Topic: 5 in 1 temperature/humidity sensor  (Read 547 times)

Offline Barry Curtis

• "Three WX Stations and Counting...LOL!"
5 in 1 temperature/humidity sensor
« on: October 03, 2018, 10:31:30 AM »
Just a quick question here.  I have the 5 in 1 station and my humidity sensor has gotten stuck @ 98%.  I went to order the $10 replacement and they are out of stock. 
Been out for a while now.  The question I have is is it possible to buy one of their temperature humidity sets that comes with a display and a outdoor sensor and use that fit my temperature/humidity readings?   I could unplug the one in my 5 in 1 and let the separate one I bought communicate with my 5 in 1 display.  Thanks. 

Offline rct

• W2RCT
Re: 5 in 1 temperature/humidity sensor
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 03:26:33 PM »
Unfortunately the flexibility to substitute a different device for specific readings doesn't exist.   It wasn't available with My Acurite and the smartHub when my sensor failed 1-2 years ago.  I was able to put a 592TXR outside and use that with My Acurite online until I replaced the sensor, but the data was separate.  It didn't get posted to Wunderground. 

Offline Barry Curtis

• "Three WX Stations and Counting...LOL!"
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 08:46:52 PM »
Thanks.  I guess they won’t get a replacement with the Atlas  now out. 

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 08:54:47 PM »
Thanks.  I guess they won’t get a replacement with the Atlas now out.

I'm sure they will have them again in stock.  It looks like they are raising the price of the 5n1 temp/humidity module to $13 from $10.

I don't think they are going to retire the 5n1 anytime soon.  They just introduced a new 3n1 kit a few days ago.