Author Topic: rtupdate.wunderground.com not working  (Read 3357 times)

Offline dolfs

rtupdate.wunderground.com not working
« on: April 10, 2018, 03:38:10 AM »
I have used rtupdate.wunderground.com for rapid-fire updates from a MeteoBridge for a couple of years now. Over the last day I experienced all kinds of problems and once I did a network trace I noticed that virtually all requests to this server get connected, but never receive a reply and eventually time out. Every now and then a request seems to get through.

So it seems yet another problem with wunderground.com

Workaround: Use www.wunderground.com instead. This seems to work fine, even for rapid-fire updates.

Additional benefit: It appears rtupdate, even when uploading every 15 seconds, only gives you back data once every 5 minutes in the graph and tabular data. When using www.wunderground.com today I actually get graph and table data once a minute!
--dolf

Ambient WS-1400-IP + MeteoBridge

Offline joegr

Re: rtupdate.wunderground.com not working
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:46:47 AM »
It's good to know I'm not the only one.  It started yesterday afternoon for me.  I'm using a homemade solution.  I had programmed it to wait five minutes (instead of the normal 36 seconds) before sending again if it didn't get a response (but did connect).  I changed that to ten seconds to see what would happen.  Many of them still don't get a response (even though the data seems to be posting), but I too am now getting minute by minute data in the graphs.
I'll change to the non-rapid address tonight and see what happens.
Thanks for posting.

Offline joegr

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 11:49:54 AM »
Seems like it's back to normal now, and has been since yesterday evening.

Offline bob1955texas

• KTXKILLE20/EW9777
  • Wunderground KTXKILLE20 (Davis Vantage Vue)
    • WeatherLink.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 06:45:36 AM »
rtupdate not working again this morning.  #-o I rebooted my computer and now it seems to be working again.  :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:19:03 AM by bob1955texas »

Offline hayesc

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 12:42:11 PM »
I was having this problem as well. Check out this link https://feedback.weather.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2924682-pws-upload-protocol?b_id=17298. I had to change my dateutc to look like this dateutc=now.  After i did that my code is working so I hope this helps.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 05:20:19 PM »
please do not use www.wunderground.com to upload.  This will cease to work in the near future.

if rtupdate doesn't work, make sure you aren't caching the dns entry for longer than the allotted time.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 05:46:07 PM »
please do not use www.wunderground.com to upload.  This will cease to work in the near future.

Are wunderground and Acurite insynch on this change?

I've mentioned it to Acurite, but they haven't implemented the change on the Access yet.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 11:46:34 PM »
Acurite is aware that they need to move, not sure what their timeline is