Author Topic: METAR  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Ed Hoffman

METAR
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:51:48 PM »
I have a Vantage Vue with USB connection. I am running Windows 10. I am using VWSvr15. I can not set up any METAR stations, 5 day forecast or mesonet maps. I am a member of WU. Does anyone have a this problem?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: METAR
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 02:11:51 PM »
It's a VWS issue -- the program hasn't been updated to use the new addresses (from the NWS) for METAR info and raw forecast info.  I'm not sure that VWS will be updated :(
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Ed Hoffman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 02:57:02 PM »
Thanks for your reply, funny they didn't make that information public before I shelled out 98 bucks.  I like the software though and plan on making a web page when I get more familiar with the process.

Offline Impala88

• Senior Contributor
    • IrvineWx
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:39:42 AM »
The last update to the VWS software was in September of 2015 to resolve some isolated crashing issues.  The NOAA downloads stopped working at least 2 years ago.  WU's issues are fairly recent and it appears that WU is having major problems of their own.  I use WU for very little now because of this.

Just an FYI:  You can download the METARs by using the Hamweather setting in "Metar Settings".  There were some issues (first time I can remember) over this past weekend but they appear to have been resolved.  The 5-day forecast, Mesonet and other WU associated items appear to be long gone.  It would probably take a few hours of programming work on Ambient's end to rectify all of these issues, but I digress.....

If you're using just a simple HTML page you can get a similar 4-7 day forecast widget at Meteoblue.com.  I've been using it for several months now and I like how the color coded the temperatures in the forecast, which was similar to what VWS was creating.  Another option is Weatherforyou.com.  They also have a very good 4-7 day forecast you can embed on your site.

anything