Author Topic: Website Down - HELP (RESOLVED)  (Read 837 times)

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
Website Down - HELP (RESOLVED)
« on: September 16, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »
Well when things are running ok don't make any changes ... How many times have I heard that before, but ...  ](*,)

I'm was running a weather website, http://indiantrailweather.com using Weather Display and the Saratoga Template modified with the Alternate Dashboard 6.92 by Burnsville Weather. All has been running great for years until today when I decided to make some changes in the dashboard. All of a sudden my page on the browser went "blank". I uploaded a previous copy of the dashboard file from my local drive but no go. I then restored all my weather website files from a backup I made 3 days ago and uploaded the dashboard file, no go. Unfortunately, I don't have a backup copy of all of the website files on the server.

It seems to be some other corrupted file. I just have to locate that file and upload the backup copy.

Running Windows 7-64. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jeff
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:24:07 PM by Breezy »
Jeff

W7-64, Intel Z170A 16 GB RAM
Davis VP2 Plus, Davis Soil Moisture/Temp Sensors, Laser Snow Depth Sensor LR4/Fluke 414D

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: Website Down - HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 04:05:56 PM »
Well when things are running ok don't make any changes ... How many times have I heard that before, but ...  ](*,)

I'm was running a weather website, http://indiantrailweather.com using Weather Display and the Saratoga Template modified with the Alternate Dashboard 6.92 by Burnsville Weather. All has been running great for years until today when I decided to make some changes in the dashboard. All of a sudden my page on the browser went "blank". I uploaded a previous copy of the dashboard file from my local drive but no go. I then restored all my weather website files from a backup I made 3 days ago and uploaded the dashboard file, no go. Unfortunately, I don't have a backup copy of all of the website files on the server.

It seems to be some other corrupted file. I just have to locate that file and upload the backup copy.

Running Windows 7-64. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jeff
There is a error 500, probably a parser error
top.php is running correctly, loading commom.php, maybe in testtags.php as that is loaded just after common.php

I attach a smal script, testit.php, renamed it to test_it.txt
1. download
2. rename it back to test_it.php
3. put in the root
4. run it  http://indiantrailweather.com/test_it.php

test_it.php sets the error reporting as high as possible,
then loads your index.php
and probably we can then see what script is generating what  error.

Wim

Code: [Select]
<?php ini_set('display_errors''On');   error_reporting(E_ALL);
include 
'index.php';

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:12:06 PM by wvdkuil »

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/baldwinj1/public_html/testtags.php on line 166

I'm checking into that file now ...
Jeff

Davis VP2 Plus, Davis Soil Moisture/Temp Sensors, Laser Snow Depth Sensor LR4/Fluke 414D

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 04:20:04 PM »
That fixed it Wim. Thanks so very much!!!  =D&gt; I had a very simple syntax error but it created major problems ...

Jeff
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:23:38 PM by Breezy »
Jeff

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Website Down - HELP (RESOLVED)
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »
Thanks Wim for the test_it.php I found my sunmoon.php was messed up from all the changes I had made back when the site went down.
Anyway I just replaced old copy with fresh new version and now getting the correct data. 
Randy