Author Topic: how do u post data to accuweather  (Read 2468 times)

Offline okieman98

• Contributor
  • new and learning
how do u post data to accuweather
« on: April 20, 2017, 02:18:58 AM »
how can u send data to accuweather with my 5-1 was checking but did not see anything on how to do it without there systems anyone know thanks

PWS ID HEALDTON

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: how do u post data to accuweather
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:59:41 AM »
Their new system (in beta) appears to allow your Meteobridge to connect to their systems.  There is a recent thread on this.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 12:34:01 PM »
Their new system (in beta) appears to allow your Meteobridge to connect to their systems.  There is a recent thread on this.

Ive been wondering that to can anyone post link to this thread which shows you how to share your 5-1 with accuweather. Thx

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:18:29 PM »
My bad.  I misspoke.  I was thinking of Ambient Weather.  http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31956.0  But my my understanding is that if you post to CWOP/Mesonet, Accuweather ingests that data.  Meteobridge does post to CWOP; not sure about any other ways to do it sine I am an MB user.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:31:30 PM »
My bad.  I misspoke.  I was thinking of Ambient Weather.  http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31956.0  But my my understanding is that if you post to CWOP/Mesonet, Accuweather ingests that data.  Meteobridge does post to CWOP; not sure about any other ways to do it sine I am an MB user.

I also have meteobridge and I do see option for weatherbug there but were do I get info to add it?

WeatherBug Backyard

Publisher ID:   
Station Number:   
Password

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 01:55:16 PM »
I would imagine one  signs up for a Weatherbug account and the credentials are then given to you.  ](*,)

Offline Adrian23

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 02:59:08 PM »
I would imagine one  signs up for a Weatherbug account and the credentials are then given to you.  ](*,)

Honestly there site is crazy been down for long time very annoying they don't seem to care to much for weather station owners. I'll pass

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 03:25:34 PM »
I tried to join WB twice, never was able to, so too bad for them.

Offline okieman98

• Contributor
  • new and learning
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 03:28:28 PM »
the last time i tried it said weatherbug not accepting new members so i dont know about them

PWS ID HEALDTON

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 04:21:17 PM »
the last time i tried it said weatherbug not accepting new members so i dont know about them

Weatherbug was bought out late last year by xAD, I believe. I do not know what their current status is. I once sent data to them, but their system was down about 30% of the time for one reason or another.

Also, Accuweather and WU both "scrape" the CWOP/Mesonet database for their own personal gain and profit, using the data we send them to make their own forecasts, etc., for which we do not receive credit, a thank you, or anything. I truly wish CWOP would lock down their database to prevent them from doing that, but......](*,) ](*,)

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »
I, too, have Meteobridge and send data to WU, CWOP and WeatherBug.  No problem (so far).

Offline okieman98

• Contributor
  • new and learning
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 05:37:45 PM »
i have not tried to hook up to cwop yet it was my next one to do, i do see the box for in kevens software , i am using the smart hub at the moment, and since i went to keven keys software have not had any trouble, sending to weather for u but dont see any data yet it shows a defunct station that stays at 70 degrees all the time on the map but it shows i am active tho

PWS ID HEALDTON

Offline craigthom

• My PWS
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 01:13:29 AM »
Also, Accuweather and WU both "scrape" the CWOP/Mesonet database for their own personal gain and profit, using the data we send them to make their own forecasts, etc., for which we do not receive credit, a thank you, or anything. I truly wish CWOP would lock down their database to prevent them from doing that, but......](*,) ](*,)

John
MADIS is part of the federal government, so, barring state secrets, whatever they produce is in the public domain, and collecting, verifying, processing, and distributing data is why MADIS exists:

MADIS is a meteorological observational database and data delivery system that provides observations that cover the globe.

Whether we like it or not, the data we provide to MADIS via CWOP is going to be distributed to anyone.  Anyone that can handle the Fortran API, anyway.

anything