Author Topic: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options  (Read 87006 times)

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
Re: WEATHER34 TEMPLATE with meteobridge options
« Reply #600 on: May 25, 2019, 04:15:42 PM »
Try dropping the mb.php from the end of the url.

Offline ngiovas

• Top of Ashford Weather Station
« Reply #601 on: May 25, 2019, 04:38:21 PM »
Try dropping the mb.php from the end of the url.

I tried it both ways with the same result.  I'm not sure if there is a setting somewhere else I am missing.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #602 on: May 25, 2019, 09:04:26 PM »
Pushing out a new update now.

THIS UPDATE REQUIRES A REBOOT OF YOUR METEOBRIDGE
The API from the Meteobridge has been updated to include some new 5 minute averages. With this new update, if your using the new API, your data will be saved to the database every 5 minutes. The dashboard itself and all the modules on it will still show realtime info as they always have, however the daily charts will now be of the average data for the last 5 minutes. The goal of this is to smooth out the graphs some without losing any weather data. It makes an especially big difference on the barometer graph, helping to prevent jagged lines as your pressure fluctuates up and down by a tiny bit (like 1018.01 to 1018.02 to 1018.01 etc). Also makes the graphs more usable and a bit quicker since there aren't literally 6000+ data points by the end of the day.

If however you have opted to not pay the 2 year subscription for MB updates (meaning your Meteobridge license, not a subscription to the template), then never fear, we're not leaving you behind or anything. The new mb.php will see that you're using the old API still and continue on as if nothing ever happened.

There's also a small fix in stationcron.php for if you use the advisory (non-davis) in the fourth position.

So, as usual, if you update with git, use the command git pull from inside your template folder.

If you update manually, replace these files:
Code: [Select]
mbdbfiles/stationcron.php
mbridge/mb.php
meteobridgedescr.txt (formerly meteobridgedescr.php, delete this old file)

There have also been a number of formatting updates done by Brian in the last week. Check https://github.com/lightmaster/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template/commits/master for any updates you've missed.

Lastly, the repo has now officially moved to my account on GitHub due to Brian's upcoming hiatus. The previous link will still work, however the new link is https://github.com/lightmaster/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template. If you update with git, issue this command to change to the new url: git remote set-url origin https://github.com/lightmaster/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template.git.

Offline ngiovas

• Top of Ashford Weather Station
« Reply #603 on: May 26, 2019, 10:40:05 PM »
huge thanks to Lightmaster for spending hours helping me work out the bugs in my template install.  Finally got everything up and running thanks to his effort.   [tup]

Offline webcam

• Wetterstation Brienz
« Reply #604 on: May 27, 2019, 02:09:51 AM »
I, too, have to thank. . . . .
Great support.
Merci.
 [tup] [tup] [tup] [tup] [tup] [tup] [tup]

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #605 on: May 27, 2019, 02:21:48 AM »
You're welcome guys/girls. I know someone I helped today, the only issues were cuz of restrictions placed on sites by their host. Too many hosts think they know what's best for their customers, even when they don't.

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
« Reply #606 on: May 27, 2019, 10:58:56 AM »
Yet another novice weather geek that owes much to William/LightMaster. He spent an enormous amount of time early into the morning helping to unravel my website!  This was after he got home from work.  Because of William's hard work, I now have the latest version of HWS running and GitHub enabled.  HWS looks great and my fear of "FTP" has been eliminated!!  lol

Thanks again William for all your help!!! 

Phil A.
Southern NJ
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #607 on: May 27, 2019, 02:17:47 PM »
Heads up to everyone with a Nano or NanoSD: There's a bug that prevented reboots from the UI that was fixed in the MB update on the 25th. If your version is still from before the 25th pull the plug and battery on your console to force a reboot. Also, double check your Console's date and time when the console restarts.

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #608 on: May 28, 2019, 11:37:35 AM »
I think the PurpleAir module may be having an issue. I have not made any changes, and have not installed the updates posted on the 25th yet, I am still running the latest you posted prior to the 25th update. It worked until sometime yesterday, and now reports 500.0. I've confirmed the updates look good on their site, and that the purpleair.txt file is being created and using the right ID when the cron job runs. I'm now wondering if they have made a change to how they are presenting data to us?
I'll have to dig more after work.
http://seamanville.com/pws
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Daytime-FARS/Meteobridge Pro/ weather34 template on Raspi v3 B+/PurpleAir AQI sensor
Wireless ISS sitting ground/Wireless Wind, Solar, UV sitting roof
Monroe, Washington USA
WU:     KWAMONRO94
CWOP: FW4493
PWS:   FRYELANDS01

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #609 on: May 29, 2019, 12:12:36 AM »
Go figure, it was broken for at least 14 hours, and magically is working now that I am back home from work.  ;)
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Daytime-FARS/Meteobridge Pro/ weather34 template on Raspi v3 B+/PurpleAir AQI sensor
Monroe, Washington USA

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #610 on: May 29, 2019, 12:23:17 AM »
Go figure, it was broken for at least 14 hours, and magically is working now that I am back home from work.  ;)

Must have been an issue on their end, nothings changed with PurpleAir on the template in a good bit.

Offline prestwickwx

• Senior Contributor
    • Myrtle Beach - Rain or Shine
« Reply #611 on: May 29, 2019, 07:31:39 AM »
Have not seen any issues with my Purple Air Module. It has been fine.

Chuck
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 06:14:59 AM by prestwickwx »

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #612 on: May 30, 2019, 04:43:02 AM »
New update. If you don't use a weather camera, set the webcamurl in settings to either be blank or Null and the menu option for it will be hidden.

To update, use git pull or replace menu.php.

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #613 on: May 31, 2019, 04:39:28 AM »
I am planning to add an optional live video stream to the weather camera popup. It'll be an optional thing, if you provide a url for the Live Video, it'll be used in the popup, otherwise if you leave the Live Video URL as the default blank, it'll use the static image that it currently uses with a 1 minute refresh on the page. Either way, the template's main module for weather camera will continue to use the static image provided for the sake of increased speed for your visitors.

With this though, I need some Live Video URLs to test to make sure the code works with just about any video stream. Anyone who's interested in using the optional Live Video stream, please email me a publicly accessible url for your video stream so I can make sure most of them will work.

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #614 on: June 01, 2019, 09:43:19 PM »
Have not seen in issues with my Purple Air Module. It has been fine.

Chuck
From what I can tell, it looks like ~10PM every night, it goes to 500 and stays there until ~10AM it starts reading normal every day. I'm going to go ahead and update to the latest template files and see if that helps for tonight.
Monroe, Washington USA

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2019, 02:24:53 AM »
Looks to be working just fine now with the new files.
Monroe, Washington USA

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #616 on: June 07, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »
Just pushed out a new update
Commit 0e75f2c

First, added an optional video stream to the live webcam popup to actually make it live.
Added new setting to easyweathersetup.php to input your video link alongside the existing static image link.
If your particular video link doesn't work, but you can view it in a normal browser with no extra extensions or anything, submit an issue on GitHub or email me and I'll attempt to add support for your live webcam.
If you don't want this, just leave the video link empty and the popup will use the static image link instead.

Secondly, a fairly big formatting and alignment update to the easyweathersetup.php
I tried to fix the odd alignment of the sections and break up some of the larger sections that covered multiple topics.
Fixed a bit of the formatting across all the descriptive texts on the page.

Updating
If you update with git, then use git pull. If you missed it a couple days ago, the url for GitHub has changed run this command to update your clone of the repository:
Code: [Select]
git remote set-url origin https://github.com/lightmaster/Meteobridge-Weather34-Template.git

If you manually update, the modified files are: (right-click and hit save to download)

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #617 on: June 08, 2019, 05:32:09 AM »
Two more updates tonight!
MB update is required, please reboot your MB

First brings about the return of current wind and gusts on the main wind module that a couple people have contacted me about. This was accidentally overwritten a little while back and no one had asked about it for a week or 2, so figured no one cared. Got a couple emails about it so figured I'd bring the live gusts (10 min max wind) display back.

Second, did some tweaking of the almanacs tonight, including replacing another hardcoded date. Think there's only one more hard coded date to fix and that was waiting on an update of the MB software which Boris pushed tonight. So make sure you update your MBs, both for the bug fixes and for the new API values.

For MB Pro and Nano SD, will now calculate when the 'rain all time' total started. Unforuately, this value isn't reported by the other MBs, at least according to the documention.
Centers the headers of the almanacs
Makes the barometric almanac min and max text colored like the boxes next to them.
Changes most Month names to be the abreviated name to save space on pages.
Fixes another bit of hardcoded dates from Issue #41.

Updating
git pull

Or replace the following files:

• windspeeddirection.php
  • barometeralmanac.php
  • livedata.php
  • meteobridgedescr.txt
  • rainfallalmanac.php
  • tempalmanac.php
  • windalmanac.php

Offline seaman55

• Seamanville Weather
« Reply #618 on: June 08, 2019, 11:21:02 AM »
Looks to be working just fine now with the new files.
I've found it had nothing to do with the template at all.
One of the 2 sensors in my PurpleAir unit was dirty. One sensor was showing a PM2.5 value of around 3, while the other was showing a PM2.5 value of around 3000. It turns out the PurpleAir map site has logic that discards the obviously bad value and used the good value only, so on their site everything looks happy. While the template page uses the 3000 value and registers the max value 500. I used their json data to confirm this; https://www.purpleair.com/json?show=23813
You can do the same, just replace 23813 with your sensor's ID. For me it was caused by the pesky cottonwood trees in the area, their fluff got into my sensor.

Remember kids, clean your sensors.   [tup]
Monroe, Washington USA

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #619 on: June 09, 2019, 05:58:24 AM »
hi, I have a problem I can't access in the dashboard settings .. I enter the password I set, but I can't log in from any device..tab / pc / smartphone .. how can I solve ?? thank you

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #620 on: June 09, 2019, 11:08:41 AM »
hi, I have a problem I can't access in the dashboard settings .. I enter the password I set, but I can't log in from any device..tab / pc / smartphone .. how can I solve ?? thank you

Open your settings1.php file and look for the line $password =
It should be one of the last few lines.

Offline xxvincixx

« Reply #621 on: June 09, 2019, 11:20:54 AM »

Open your settings1.php file and look for the line $password =
It should be one of the last few lines.
Thanks light,solved

Offline lightmaster

• MB-HWS Template Dev
  • Forecaster
    • Baxley,GA Weather
« Reply #622 on: June 11, 2019, 08:21:50 PM »
Translators Needed
I need to get together a group of people fluent in the languages offered by HWS. If anyone is willing to help out, please PM a list of languages that you are fluent in and a contact email for you. I will update the list below as people (hopefully) volunteer. As encouragement, know that for any language that doesn't have someone volunteer, Google Translate will have to be used instead, and we all know how amazing it is at accurately translating........

• Catalan
  • Danish: @gand
  • German
  • French
  • Greek
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Norwegian: @Torjan
  • Polish
  • Russian: @alexeysailman
  • Swedish
  • Spanish: @txweather.org
  • Swedish
  • Turkish

If I missed any languages, please let me know. If you would like a new language added, again, please let me know.

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
« Reply #623 on: June 11, 2019, 08:54:59 PM »
Translators Needed
I need to get together a group of people fluent in the languages offered by HWS. If anyone is willing to help out, please PM a list of languages that you are fluent in and a contact email for you. I will update the list below as people (hopefully) volunteer. As encouragement, know that for any language that doesn't have someone volunteer, Google Translate will have to be used instead, and we all know how amazing it is at accurately translating........

• Catalan
  • Danish
  • German
  • French
  • Greek
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Polish
  • Swedish
  • Spanish
  • Swedish
  • Turkish

If I missed any languages, please let me know. If you would like a new language added, again, please let me know.

Ill take Spanish. :)

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline Torjan

• regnskvett
« Reply #624 on: June 12, 2019, 10:28:14 AM »
Hi!
I have a Norwegian translation. Had been nice if it was in the package.

If there should be more to translate then I would love to do it.

Torjan

anything