Author Topic: Weather Channel missing some data?  (Read 5535 times)

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Weather Channel missing some data?
« on: March 01, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »
Here is a picture of the Current Conditions map:

Here is a picture of the current NWS radar:

Anybody notice something missing???

Greg
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Weather Channel missing some data?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »
Your radar image was taken 3 minutes after TWC image. That precipitation just blew up in 3 minutes. :grin:
What do you expect, its the weather channel.
I bash them but they used to be my church. I watched that channel religiously. 
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »
your lucky they even show that image. Ooops  that rigth  it the lower 48 and according to them weather only happens in lower 48. We don't watch them anymore period as  it has nothing here for us. What a waste of air time when they repeat their selves so much on the continetal  US. Some of that time  could cover all of the US  but again it would take   a major  movement to get  them out of that mineset.

John
KL7IFP

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:23:43 PM »
What a waste of air time when they repeat their selves so much on the continetal  US.

John,

Around here, we call it The Atlanta Channel.  We could be having tornadoes here (we're just a couple of hours north of Atlanta, but their graphic banners always seem to cover us up) and all they would show would be that it's sprinkling in Atlanta.  Then they would show 5 minutes of commercials, then airport delays in Atlanta.

The current conditions map is the only product of the WC that I use.  I find it plain and easy to understand.

Greg
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
LOL yes I can  see that real well.  When on cable here tey would  flash a text message  for about 15 sec  for us to read. They are definitly for that area in what I  watched. Only time i really use them was when i flew the 172 up from Flordia. Solo trip...to Seattle then wife join me there. But I would call wife and she would look at what was coming towards where I was.... What a hot trip that was  104-106 in the plane every day. Was glad to hit  the PNW.

John
KL7IFP

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 07:48:38 PM »
TWC must be going NUTS right now. We get WSB 2 ABC from Atlanta on the big dish here in California, and, whilst watching AFV, for the last 45 minutes it's been inside a frame with all of the snow closings listed in the frame...

anything