Author Topic: WMR200 Help  (Read 2099 times)

Offline andymort

WMR200 Help
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:24:04 AM »
hi,
i work for a small research company in the uk. my manager bought 2 wmr200 weather stations and set them up off site in the autumn. I have been tasked with collecting the weather data from the data logger and putting it into an excel sheet.
The weather stations came with a program called weather os and a trial version of another weather program.
yesterday one of my colleagues tried to use the weather os program to retrieve the data (1-2months worth) from one of the base stations but he had little success. He said it was very slow and he was not able to access much of the stored data, i think he gave up in the end.
Having searched the forum there seems to be a lot of problems with theses weather stations. Does anyone one have any advice on a better piece of software to use? will the data still be on the base station after a failed attempt to remove it? Are theses stations really upto the job? are they reliable? any advice help would be great as i am going to try and get the data off of the other station next week.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
Re: WMR200 Help
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 09:19:37 AM »
You'll probably get several answers both pro and con. Mine is con, my 200 is still running more as a display than a functional data collector, I plugged the old 100 back in for that purpose. Some guys seem to be having good luck, overall I'd have to say that's more a testimony to Oregon Scientific's quality control, or lack of, than the device itself.

Once you download, the data logger it empty, so depending on why it wasn't a good download it the data is probably gone. I've found that if I let the 200 run stand alone and then at some point download to VWS it works, if it's hooked to the pc 24/7 it corrupts data. Someone with WD can better talk about the download there.

Part of my problem was a bad temp/hum sensor with fleawatt transmitting range, using other sensors has improved the situation dramatically, again a QC problem, several guys are having good luck with the same sensor.

If you want higher quality, go to Davis, but you will definitely pay a higher price.

anything