Author Topic: New Series Storm Chasers  (Read 28904 times)

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: New Series Storm Chasers
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
I was glad to see Seans vehicle actually get inside,or close to inside, a tornado finally!
I think after the close call with the glass maybe Reed will calm down the cocky attitude just a notch.
The poor anemometer on the TIV sure took a beating !

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »
I think after the close call with the glass maybe Reed will calm down the cocky attitude just a notch.

I hope for this, but doubt it will happen.  ](*,)
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline mlail

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 08:09:10 PM »
I didn't realize that the TIVII camera turret relied on opening a windows. That was not very smart of the builder or the owner. Imagine what happens to a secure vehicle with a window own and a tornado on top. Basic 101 with houses and tornado's!

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 09:18:51 PM »
It's probably so that Imax camera has the best quality photo as possible.  If they shot it thru the plexi-glass of the window, you would see the dirt and such in the final Imax film.
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 11:14:49 PM »
I wonder if next season we'll see Joel branching out more on his own or maybe a partnership with another
seasoned storm chaser?  He was present for a few close calls this season as a independent.   With new data methods and devices evolving almost daily there will likely always be room for one more in the never ending quest for the data!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 06:54:18 PM »
Love(d) the show, that is until this last season. I know that VORTEX 2 was in place, and Josh Wurman had to be on it...but...why did they have to boot him? Because he requested it? (Then he reappears briefly near the end)...

And then Reed and Joel get into a tif about things..I mean c'mon! What is this? High school?
Let's not forget the box of radar on top of TVN's intercept vehicle...which is kind of amateurish in my opinion.

Next season, which there will probably be one, I'm sure Wurman will be back..his DOW's are interesting.

And does anyone know that TVN is/was in Argentina the last couple of weeks? Damn, Reed captured a *wedge* on camera down there! And he made the point of saying that the air is sooo clear down there that you can spot a tornado from nearly 40 miles away...and it's flatter than the Midwest!  :shock:  Lucky SOB...hahaha!  ;)
Weather in Rio Rancho, New Mexico:

anything