Author Topic: Meteotemplate, Jachym, & lots of his help!  (Read 863 times)

Offline 2thepoint

• NJ WeatherCat
Meteotemplate, Jachym, & lots of his help!
« on: June 07, 2016, 03:37:26 PM »
Hi All;
Since a small boy, I've always been fascinated with weather.  I would stare aimlessly at sky and wonder what was happening up there to have such a profound effect on those beings below.  It took many years to eventually take the plunge into the world of PWS's.  Understand that my knowledge about weather and PWS's border on being an "ultra newbie"!

Anyways fast forward two months later, I now have two of my own PWS's functioning, a website, and have been updating three different external weather networks on a relatively reliable basis.  Please don't misunderstand my post, I'm not bragging, I'm outright shocked that this was possible!!  :grin:

Wanting a nice graphically look and feel for my website, I enlisted the help of Jachym/Meteotemplate.  What's not to like about Meteotemplate when it's FREE and me being a newbie, who doesn't have a clue how to put this all together.  BTW, much of this web based technology isn't second nature to a 68 year old retired guy who never wrote a line of code in his life.  So I contacted Jachym about using Meteotemplate for my presentation.  He answered all my questions and much more.  He provided patient oversight while I launched my website.  He rolled up his sleeves and jumped in when I was going in the wrong direction. BTW, which was more often than I wanted to admit.  He taught by example which he's very good at.  We had numerous skype calls when it was 2:00 AM Czech time!  He didn't complain, he did what needed to be done.  I enjoyed speaking with Jachym who IMHO is a real bright, hard working young man.  Jachym takes pride in his Meteotemplate which is refreshing in today's world of get it out the door and test it later! ](*,) I have to say I'm having a great time and have learned so much from Jachym that I wanted to share my experience with other members of this fine forum.  I wish him all the best with Meteotemplate going forward. If you're on the fence about templates, give Meteotemplate a good look.

Oh, did I mention that Meteoptemplate is free with great support!!  :-) :-)

I still lurk here everyday, and I learn something new about weather from its many talented members!!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for sharing your knowledge and experiences. 

Phil A.
Mickleton, NJ
GW1000
HP2551
GW2000
WS90
WH41B
Meteobridge/RPi4

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteotemplate, Jachym, & lots of his help!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 05:59:47 PM »
Hi Phil,

Meteoptemplate is free with great support

and it is because of comments like yours that it will remain like this.

Thanks a lot, you also have done a great job and given you had absolutely no experience with coding, I must say you learned it all very quickly and what I also appreciate is that you did not simply asked me for help, but rather asked me to help you do it yourself  =D>

anything