Author Topic: myAcurite (the MBW replacement) announced  (Read 55567 times)

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
Re: myAcurite (the MBW replacement) announced
« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2016, 06:48:45 PM »
It says that I do not have an offset applied on myacurite. When the humidity is under 99% the humidity on myacurite does match with my console. Also, it shows up as 98% on Kevin's program and I do not have an offset set on there also.

I've seen 99% humidity readings, but never 100%. Not on the standalone display either.

Kevin, can you think of any reason that the new update of your software wouldn't work with the iPhone WUndermap app? It just shows up as all zeros when I check my weather station on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does your weatherunderground page look on a web browser? If it looks OK, then the problem is with the configuration of your iPhone app.

Nothing changed in the WUndermap app, only Kevin's program. It's not a huge deal, the app is just very user friendly for a quick look. Something must have changed with the data in Kevin's program that the app doesn't understand.

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2016, 07:33:34 PM »
Can I ask what a micro computer is and how much did it cost? Kevin's program it's great but requiring it to use my laptop is a bit of a pain.

Here's one on Amazon --> HERE.

Personally, I just picked up a cheap laptop, installed kevin's software and Weather Display, and just folded it up on the floor besides our entertainment center.  Nice and easy.

Very cool. Once I save up the cash, I may get one of these.

Kevin

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2016, 07:35:04 PM »
It says that I do not have an offset applied on myacurite. When the humidity is under 99% the humidity on myacurite does match with my console. Also, it shows up as 98% on Kevin's program and I do not have an offset set on there also.

I've seen 99% humidity readings, but never 100%. Not on the standalone display either.

Kevin, can you think of any reason that the new update of your software wouldn't work with the iPhone WUndermap app? It just shows up as all zeros when I check my weather station on there.

How does your weatherunderground page look on a web browser? If it looks OK, then the problem is with the configuration of your iPhone app.

Nothing changed in the WUndermap app, only Kevin's program. It's not a huge deal, the app is just very user friendly for a quick look. Something must have changed with the data in Kevin's program that the app doesn't understand.

That is odd. I haven't changed how the data is reported to Weather Underground. I don't have an iOs device (I'm a PC and Android fan), but will see if I can maybe find an emulator at work to use.

Kevin

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2016, 07:49:01 PM »
This is what it looks like. All other weather underground apps seem ok, making it more odd.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline holden7

« Reply #529 on: September 27, 2016, 08:09:43 PM »
This is what it looks like. All other weather underground apps seem ok, making it more odd.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Interesting. I can confirm the same is happening with me when I search both my station and Inverno's. No issue on other apps also. The wundermap app is no longer being updated though and wunderground removed it from the app store.

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #530 on: September 27, 2016, 08:21:04 PM »
I did not know it was no longer being supported or updated. In that case, negate what I said. Thanks Kevin for what you do!

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #531 on: September 28, 2016, 12:10:01 AM »
I did not know it was no longer being supported or updated. In that case, negate what I said. Thanks Kevin for what you do!

Good to hear. :-)

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
myAcurite (the MBW replacement) announced
« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »
I am trying out the direct connected smart hub to the router and for some reason, when I add a pressure offset, it shows up on Acurite but not on WU. Any ideas? Everything else is sharing fine.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:41:19 PM by Inverno »

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2016, 08:12:40 PM »
My Acurite is showing 30.15, which I want but WU showing 29.85. My offset is 0.3.

Offline Cueball318

« Reply #534 on: September 29, 2016, 08:25:14 PM »
My Acurite is showing 30.15, which I want but WU showing 29.85. My offset is 0.3.

That's exactly what my bridge is off, the offset will apply to the dashboard, but doesn't carry over to WU.
I asked over at Acurite  & they claimed they are working on getting it corrected, but who knows?

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2016, 12:59:04 AM »
Some more updates to my app...

Latest version is 2016.09.27.2112 and includes the following changes:

• (Hopefully) fixed the rare, but reported, bug where the app sometimes crashes when clicking the "Save" button on the Settings form. I have not been able to personally reproduce this bug, but I was able to narrow down the cause to the code that refreshes the main screen when one saves and exits the Settings form.
  • Additional improvements to error handling and reporting.
  • New/experimental: The ability to post temperature and humidity data directly to a Vera / Mios / Micasaverde / OpenHAB home automation controller. If this proves to be a popular feature, I will expands the options here.

http://kevin-key.blogspot.ca/2014/09/new-version-is-now-available-for.html
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:06:20 AM by kevink619 »

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2016, 10:21:27 AM »

• (Hopefully) fixed the rare, but reported, bug where the app sometimes crashes when clicking the "Save" button on the Settings form. I have not been able to personally reproduce this bug, but I was able to narrow down the cause to the code that refreshes the main screen when one saves and exits the Settings form.
  • New/experimental: The ability to post temperature and humidity data directly to a Vera / Mios / Micasaverde / OpenHAB home automation controller. If this proves to be a popular feature, I will expands the options here.

Thanks Kevin!  The bold highlight happened to me every time I hit save.  Sorry I didn't report it!
Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline kevink619

• My G+
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:23 PM »

Thanks Kevin!  The bold highlight happened to me every time I hit save.  Sorry I didn't report it!

skysummit,

You're welcome. Please let me know whether the problem has gone away for you in the latest version.

Kevin

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #538 on: October 02, 2016, 04:21:45 PM »
With the new acurite platform should rapidfire be on or off at WU?
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #539 on: October 02, 2016, 05:41:16 PM »
Turn Rabid fire on.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #540 on: October 02, 2016, 05:57:48 PM »
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #541 on: October 03, 2016, 05:04:38 PM »
Looks like my 5 in 1 may be having problems. Temperatures jumping all over, 2, 118, -40 degrees. I changed the batteries but don't think that helped. Any ideas?

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #542 on: October 03, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »
Looks like my 5 in 1 may be having problems. Temperatures jumping all over, 2, 118, -40 degrees. I changed the batteries but don't think that helped. Any ideas?

Bad sensor board is my guess.

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #543 on: October 03, 2016, 05:46:41 PM »
My station is about 3.5 years old, too old for the replacement they sell?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #544 on: October 03, 2016, 05:51:19 PM »
My station is about 3.5 years old, too old for the replacement they sell?

At that age it's likely the SHT21 chip.  The new board will work, but you'll need to cut off the modular connector and solder the 4 wires to the appropriate spots on the main board.

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #545 on: October 03, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »
How hard is it to work in the small area?. On a 1 to 10 scale, how difficult is it?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #546 on: October 03, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »
How hard is it to work in the small area?. On a 1 to 10 scale, how difficult is it?

I'd say a 1 as long as you know how to work a soldering iron.

It's a whole lot easier that trying to solder in the chip itself.

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #547 on: October 03, 2016, 05:59:57 PM »
Do I just pull out the old one? I have a solder iron.  Is this it? https://www.acurite.com/temperature-and-humidity-sensor-replacement-for-5-in-1-weather-sensors.html

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #548 on: October 03, 2016, 06:02:23 PM »
Do I just pull out the old one? I have a solder iron.  Is this it? https://www.acurite.com/temperature-and-humidity-sensor-replacement-for-5-in-1-weather-sensors.html

Yes.  The old module will have a ribbon cable to the main board.  You'll remove the ribbon cable wires from the main board and solder in the new wires.

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #549 on: October 03, 2016, 06:29:22 PM »
I ordered the chip and giving it a shot. Much cheaper than a whole new station.