Author Topic: Big Salute to Lacrosse  (Read 2150 times)

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
Big Salute to Lacrosse
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
Last year about this time I had reported numerous problems with the 2810.  I finally got a 2nd unit and installed it back last January.  My brother-in-law in GA also had the 2810 which we installed last November.  Well his finally gave out.  It was the repeated problem with the leaking wind sensor.

Since it was still basically under the year warranty period I  recommended he call Lacrosse, which he did.  They asked him a few questions and then agreed to replace it.  He had to mail back the 2810 and within a few weeks he had a brand new 2812.  I was down at his place over Christmas and helped him install his new unit.  All went smooth and the 2812 synched up within a few minutes.  The display is very nice looking.  The rest of the controls and sensors are very similar to the 2810.  Overall it went very well.

Based on the way Lacrosse handled the 2810 a year ago, I didn't hold them in high regard and could not recommend their stations.  With the service to my brother-in-law and the performace of the 2812, they are certainly worth a look if you're in the market for a nice station.  Perhaps their relationship with Costco will be back next year for another great deal.

Happy New Year to all! =D>

P.S.  My 2810 is still working after a nearly a year.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Big Salute to Lacrosse
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 10:20:44 AM »
Now there's a posting with a rare subject line! :roll:

Glad to hear it worked out for your brother in law. It's amazing, since there was a water leak, that his wind sensor held out as long as it did.

Happy New Year back your way too! :grin:

p.s. just past the year mark with my 2810 as well.

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: Big Salute to Lacrosse
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 01:20:10 PM »
     Glad to hear your station is doing it's job.  Happy New Year to you too!!! \:D/

anything