General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Tropical Weather

Florence

(1/15) > >>

ocala:
Looking like mid Atlantic north. TPC says RI through tomorrow with the storm becoming a major by Monday night. You guys be safe up there.

galfert:
Well it isn't just Florence to be worried about. There are these other storms all line up on the Atlantic. Here in Florida looks like we might miss Florence but Isaac is showing a lower path and it is yet too soon to tell when it will turn North...but they always seem to turn North at some point. You would think living in Florida we would be ready for this and at least I know what to expect and how to prepare. But the more hurricanes I go through and come out unscathed from the more I fear my luck is running out.  Dreadful.

Dr Obbins:
Heading this way. All the stores are worse than a Black Friday sale and are out of bottled water. Here is a good camera link if it stays sup:
http://surfchex.com/cams/carolina-beach-web-cam/

galfert:
Neat camera...It is a PTZ

DoctorKnow:
I think we should get outta the way of Florence. This thing looks like it will be a storm like we cannot imagine. If the track and intensity hold, we are going to have big problems. The stalling out is very scary to look at on the models.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version