Author Topic: MB Pro Not Uploading/uploading randomly  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Alriksy

• Central Cal Weather
MB Pro Not Uploading/uploading randomly
« on: June 11, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Yesterday, MBPro stopped uploading both to WU and to my webpage (alriksyweather.net). I rebooted and things were working until this morning when the webpage stopped updating. Rebooted again but I noticed that WU was updating at irregular intervals , 2min, 1min, 5min, 1min, 10min, etc.. The live data tab shows updates occurring with past time. For example, MB updates at 14:05 when the real time is 14:34. Updates are occurring at random times on the web page, with large gaps. The time setting in MB is correct, Lat and Long. correct, and the time zone is correct.  I decided to try a direct ethernet connection.

This morning everything is updating on a regular schedule. WU is at 5min, WU rapid-fire about 5 sec, meteotemplate page live gauges at about 5 sec. I do not have a weak wifi signal -58db but for some reason this appears to have been a problem? I even tried a different wifi router but still did not get regular updates. I'm not a network expert, but wonder if inconsistent communication with the router via wifi caused a packet issue and extreme delays or whether MB is having wifi issues or uploading problems.

This morning, after an hour or so of regular updates, the meteotemplate page is not updating regularly but WU is. The server db is now lagging 45min behind the live gauges, but they are slow too. Maybe it isn't an ethernet solution after all.  I am new to the forum and MBPro so I am sure someone understands this better than I do and knows what to try now.

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: MB Pro Not Uploading/uploading randomly
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »
Boris:
just to add to it, Boris, we also checked the Live tab in the MB cPanel and the times of HTTP uploads are incorrect/old there too, so this must be an issue with MB, not the template. For some reason it seems to be uploading absolutely randomly and with incorrect timestamp.

Eg: we looked at 14:20, last time of update was 13:50 (updates set to every 5 minutes)
Then, we looked at 14:40 and last update time was now 14:05, so MB must have updated between 14:20 and 14:40 when we checked it, but sometime between that time it updated with a time 14:05.

Then it doesnt do anything for hours, then suddenly it starts updating again, sometimes both Meteotemplate and WU are affected, sometimes only one.

Also, it has been running for several days fine until yesterday, with the same time and wifi settings, nothing changed.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 03:59:47 PM »
This would surely be better off in the MB/MH forum.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Alriksy

• Central Cal Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 01:12:59 PM »
I noticed that just prior to the problem, the system upgraded to 2.9.  Last night I went back to 2.8 and disabled automatic updates.  The uploads are regular again to WU and the meteotemplate page.  I have no idea if this helped or not since, as I wrote earlier, uploads started randomly being received at WU and the template but stopped by early afternoon when 2.9 was installed.

O.K. if this is the wrong forum, how do I move all of this to the proper one?  I am new to this.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO

Offline Alriksy

• Central Cal Weather
MB Pro Not Uploading/uploading randomly
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »
Note:  this was moved from the Davis Instruments forum and replies quoted below>

Yesterday, 10.6.16, MBPro stopped uploading both to WU and to my webpage (alriksyweather.net). I rebooted and things were working until this morning when the webpage stopped updating. Rebooted again but I noticed that WU was updating at irregular intervals , 2min, 1min, 5min, 1min, 10min, etc.. The live data tab shows updates occurring with past time. For example, MB updates at 14:05 when the real time is 14:34. Updates are occurring at random times on the web page, with large gaps. The time setting in MB is correct, Lat and Long. correct, and the time zone is correct.  I decided to try a direct ethernet connection.
Now, everything is updating on a regular schedule. WU is at 5min, WU rapid-fire about 5 sec, meteotemplate page live gauges at about 5 sec. I do not have a weak wifi signal -58db but for some reason this appears to have been a problem? I even tried a different wifi router but still did not get regular updates. I'm not a network expert, but wonder if inconsistent communication with the router via wifi caused a packet issue and extreme delays or whether MB is having wifi issues or uploading problems.

After an hour or so of regular updates, the meteotemplate page is not updating regularly but WU is. The server db is now lagging 45min behind the live gauges, but they are slow too. Maybe it isn't an ethernet solution after all.  I am new to the forum and MBPro so I am sure someone understands this better than I do and knows what to try now.

Jachym posted the following reply:

Boris:
just to add to it, Boris, we also checked the Live tab in the MB cPanel and the times of HTTP uploads are incorrect/old there too, so this must be an issue with MB, not the template. For some reason it seems to be uploading absolutely randomly and with incorrect timestamp.

Eg: we looked at 14:20, last time of update was 13:50 (updates set to every 5 minutes)
Then, we looked at 14:40 and last update time was now 14:05, so MB must have updated between 14:20 and 14:40 when we checked it, but sometime between that time it updated with a time 14:05.

Then it doesnt do anything for hours, then suddenly it starts updating again, sometimes both Meteotemplate and WU are affected, sometimes only one.

Also, it has been running for several days fine until yesterday, with the same time and wifi settings, nothing changed.

Offline Alriksy

• Central Cal Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 06:07:19 PM »
At around 13:00 the meteotemplate stopped updating entirely but WU was updating regularly throughout the day (system 2.9).  I noticed that just prior to the problem, the system automatically upgraded to 2.9 upon reboot.  Last night, 11.6.16, I reverted to 2.8 and disabled automatic updates.  Nothing changed until this morning when I noticed that the uploads are now regular on both WU and the meteotemplate page.  I have no idea if this helped or if something else reset overnight.  This still leaves some questions about what was/is happening to the upload process from MBPro so I would appreciate any comments.  My concern is that the problem may return and I have no way of knowing why or how to fix it.

Offline ALITTLEweird1

• Mark
  • Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • North Bend Weather
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 06:21:40 PM »
I merged the topics together here.
"Nature can do without man, but man cannot do without nature."

Software: WeatherDisplay
Hardware: Davis VP2 + VP2 Solar + VP2 UV + Lightning Detector + Logitech Webcam + Soil temp + Soil Moisture

Offline Alriksy

• Central Cal Weather
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 08:34:45 PM »
Meteotemplate page has been offline for nearly an hour now, but WU is updating regularly.  It looks like problem remains intermittent. Could the server be down or is unable to receive data to the db?

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »
I am currently fighting HTTP upload problems that can occur when connecting to a HTTPS site to upload data. Linux program wget used to do that can stall (ssl lib problem) and will block all other uploads. I am working to cover this with a timeout wrapper around the corresponding system call. Tricky thing...
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »
Why not use "curl"?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 08:51:30 AM »
because there is no additional flash space available on the regular Meteobridges and I don't want to split
development of core elements into separate branches.

Version 2.9 has the problem of sometimes stalling http uploads fixed. That was quite a big thing as I had to
build a timeout wrapper my own. Nice experience, but it took rather long.

As said this specific problem is gone with 2.9, I have tested it on an affected machine and it worked great there :-)
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick