Author Topic: New to Meteobridge  (Read 645 times)

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
New to Meteobridge
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:29:35 PM »
After installing my Meteobridge this last Saturday I ran into a few issues.  The install went great and I was uploading to CWOP, WU, PWS and Ambient with no problems.  But my live data in the Mbridge was a bit of a mess.  I was going to post some questions here on the forum but first decided to try something myself.

The Davis USB data logger has been plugged into an Envoy for over 4 years straight with never a reboot.  When I disconnected it from my pc I unplugged it from the mains but duh never pulled out the batteries so it was powered up all the while while I was installing the Mbridge.  What I got in live data was all kinds of erroneous sensors with bad data.  There were several temperature and humidity sensors that were stuck on a value and never changing.  Had one temperature sensor stuck on 85 and another on 55 for over 48 hours.  And like four leaf wetness sensors when I only have one.

I got to thinking today at work and wondered what a power cycle with the Envoy/logger would do.  When I got home today I powered down the Meteobridge first.  Then removed the batteries from the Envoy and the power cord.  Then did about 5 minutes of misc errands and came back to insert the batteries and then the power cord into the Envoy.  Then powered up the Meteobridge and let it simmer for several minutes.  Then logged in to the Mbridge and all the erroneous stuff was gone.  I assume there was some bad data in memory or cach or something that had to be cleared with the power cycle.

Hope this helps someone else having similar problems now or in the future.  :grin:
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: New to Meteobridge
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »
Yes not a good idea to plug/re-plug devices to the logger or pull the logger without doing a full shutdown.

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
Re: New to Meteobridge
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 11:18:21 PM »
Yeah the data logger instructions say you should never remove the logger from an Envoy or Console without powering it down first.  I didn't remove it from the Envoy but like I said it remained powered up when unplugging the USB cord from the pc to the Meteobridge.  The Mbridge was not powered up while I did all this however.  Everything is working fine now.  \:D/
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

anything