Author Topic: AmbientWeather.net Data Logger  (Read 473 times)

Offline Buford T. Justice

AmbientWeather.net Data Logger
« on: October 28, 2018, 03:43:04 PM »
Is there some program available that will log AmbientWeather.net data that can be set to a certain time interval?  Not necessarily weather station software, but weather data software to log?  I'd like to get minute-by-minute data to archive.  A dayfile, weekfile, monthfile, yearfile, all-time records file would be nice.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: AmbientWeather.net Data Logger
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 04:26:32 PM »
Ambient Weather does provide an API for getting data from ambientweather.net, but I've not heard of any software that has been created to take advantage of this functionality. But the opportunity is there for someone to create such software easily as everything that is needed is already supported via the Ambient's API.

As an alternative immediate solution you could grab your Ambient Weather stations data by adding an ObserverIP (and a WS-1000-BTH) to you existing hardware setup. Then you would also need for yet another device to pull and save that data from the ObserverIP. There are several options of types of devices/computers/software to accomplish this.

I'm pulling data from my ObserverIP using a Meteobridge and saving all data to an SQL database on my network. This data is something that any number of existing 3rd party software can access.

You could also pull the data from the ObserverIP using a computer running Weather-Display software or WeeWx. That computer could be something as simple and cost effect as a Raspberry Pi.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:32:44 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything