Author Topic: Customer service  (Read 2033 times)

Offline thomas

• Contributor
Customer service
« on: November 26, 2018, 10:03:38 PM »
Recently had a new Access go dead and contacted customer service.  This is a online chat service.  Do you think the online help people are an overseas boiler room or US based.  Any way sent them info on my router as requested, no reply back yet.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Customer service
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 10:06:32 PM »
Recently had a new Access go dead and contacted customer service.  This is a online chat service.  Do you think the online help people are an overseas boiler room or US based.  Any way sent them info on my router as requested, no reply back yet.

US based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 12:31:01 PM »
The online chat service has been outstanding for me resolved my issue with the first chat.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline WXman

• Stormdawg
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
I've read countless complaints about phone customer service with AcuRong products.  So there is a chat service?  That's great to know.  I hope to not need it, but we'll see.
B.S. in Meteorology/Climatology

38.01977N, 84.83486W
Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless station
AcuRite 5-n-1 w/ WiFi reporting to WU

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 02:11:27 PM »
I've read countless complaints about phone customer service with AcuRong products.  So there is a chat service?  That's great to know.  I hope to not need it, but we'll see.

Seriously... let's quit the name-calling.

It doesn't do anyone any good.

Offline thomas

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »
I would just like to report customer service contacted me, and had me send the unit back to them for testing.  They have now concluded the unit was faulty and replacing it with a new one at no cost to me.  I have noticed some other people reporting issues with the access.  Till it died mine worked very well.  There were a few drop outs at times, but it was pretty solid.

Offline WXman

• Stormdawg
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 08:04:41 PM »

Don't be a stick in the mud.  That was funny and you know it.   8-)

38.01977N, 84.83486W

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 08:23:40 PM »

No, it is not.

It's one of the reasons Acurite employees don't interact here much.

Offline WXman

• Stormdawg
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »

No, it is not.

Here?  Word all over the 'web is that they don't interact with anyone anywhere.  Via phone or otherwise.  Hence, this thread.

38.01977N, 84.83486W

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 09:52:49 AM »

No, it is not.

Here?  Word all over the 'web is that they don't interact with anyone anywhere.  Via phone or otherwise.  Hence, this thread.

Yes, here. 

They provide support through various on-line options.

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 04:46:49 PM »
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Victoria

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »
I will confess, I have not taken a vacation all year, and I may or may not have just taken one. I apologize for my temporary absence, but I have triumphantly returned. I have to admit, though, the weather in Florida was quite a bit warmer than Wisconsin.

I can also confirm our Support team than works the chat service are all here in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.

Offline Mozzie67

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 02:08:31 AM »
I sent an email to Acurite 3 weeks ago to ask if they had an Australian dealer as to purchase an Atlas as my wmr200 is on its way out....
Still no reply...Another family member also wants to purchase one..
I guess our money isn’t wanted buy this company
Thanks Peter

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 08:20:46 AM »
I sent an email to Acurite 3 weeks ago to ask if they had an Australian dealer as to purchase an Atlas as my wmr200 is on its way out....
Still no reply...Another family member also wants to purchase one..
I guess our money isn’t wanted buy this company
Thanks Peter
They might not, I dunno.  But, I can assure you that your money is wanted buy me!!!  I can send you the latest technology in weather rocks at a fantastic price!!!!  Where shall I send my PayPal invoice?????  8-)

Or, you could send a note to Victoria such as, "Could you look into the availability of the Atlas in Australia for me?  I emailed Acurite a few weeks ago inquiring but haven't received a response.  We may be interested in two units.  Thanks!"     ;)

So, shall I package up a Quartzite Squall or a Sandstone Storm weather rock for you?  :grin:

Btw, welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Rising Barometer

• dorn2@outlook.com
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 01:51:58 PM »
I've admired the way Acurite has evolved over the years--from their product line to their customer support.

I love their colorful weather displays and always look forward to buying the next newly designed display ! I receive email notices of Acurite's "specials" and every now and then make purchases for my equipment updates and repairs or I buy a present for someone else.  Today I am ordering a new 5-in-1 with a beautiful new display and lighting detector for $109.98 with free shipping to replace my old 5-in-1 and color display.

In years of owning Acurite weather devices, my products have always performed well and are so informative in a fun way.

And whenever there have been small problems with some of my devices,  Acurite always follows through with warranty repairs or upgrades. If I have been out of warranty, customer support politely informs me and then I buy the repair part. Their new chat feature I find to be sensible and innovative to address product questions.

---Henry Dorn (Rising Barometer)

Offline Victoria

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 07:27:07 PM »
Unfortunately, we don't have any channels in Australia that offer Atlas at this time.

Offline Mozzie67

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 12:47:52 AM »
Unfortunately, we don't have any channels in Australia that offer Atlas at this time.
Thanks for the heads up Victoria
Do you think there will be a dealer in the near future???
Is it also a problem re being in the Southern Hemisphere and the setup of the atlas and using our 240 volt plug for power!!
Thanks Peter

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 01:12:11 AM »
Is it also a problem re being in the Southern Hemisphere and the setup of the atlas and using our 240 volt plug for power!!

It shouldn't be either of those.  The Atlas has the ability to redefine "north" already, and simply changing out the transformer for the display will take care of the 240V issue.

Offline Mozzie67

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 01:18:35 AM »

It shouldn't be either of those.  The Atlas has the ability to redefine "north" already, and simply changing out the transformer for the display will take care of the 240V issue.
Excellent thanks for that..
I can purchase through u-buy but if there’s a warranty problem I have to send back to the States,purchasing through a local dealer here does make it better..
Let’s hope they get a dealer as these weather stations look like the ducks nuts!!!

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 10:31:57 AM »
 :shock:

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 08:26:54 AM »
 :lol:

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

anything