Author Topic: Hello,all I have 2 questions  (Read 2180 times)

Offline andrea

Hello,all I have 2 questions
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:49:37 AM »
Hello
I have 2 questions, today I’m going to by LaCrosse 3750.
The first question is
Why WUHU software says- the specified weather input file does not exist. Hit the “change “button in general settings to specify the location!
The file there called ( currdat.Lst)
Is it because the station console still not running yet? Or I have other problem?
2- Can I add 10 meter extension cable to the wind sensor? Because in the old station WS-3600 it didn’t works?!
Thank you all, you help me too much, I hope to successes to connect the new station to my PC.
Sincerely
Andrea

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Hello,all I have 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:42:36 AM »
Hello Andrea.
If your station console is not running or connected yet you will get error messages from WUHU. You can select "WS36XX Direct Serial Access" and the correct Com port when you do connect and start your console station. When this happens your error messages will go away.

I think you will have problems adding another 30 meters to the existing cable on the wind anemometer/vane sensor. If you need more length you may want to try replacing all the cable from the wind sensor down to the temp/hygro sensor with Cat5 type cable because it has shielding to help against interference. There are several postings in this forum to guide you with this modification.

good luck,

Dan

Offline andrea

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:57:30 AM »
Thank you dan, I want to add 10 meters not 30  :-)

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:05:29 AM »
ooops  :oops: My 2 brain cells are converting meters to feet and sending it to my fingers. Same thing I described earlier but for 10 meters not 30. Sorry.

Dan