Author Topic: Weather updating to web.  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Dreamflight767

Weather updating to web.
« on: March 14, 2018, 12:24:13 AM »
Hi Folks:

Not too sure how to ask this question so please bear with me. 

I had an Ambient WX station prior to recently upgrading to the Davis 6163 with weatherlink software. 

The Ambient WX station appeared to update to weather underground and the easyweatherip what seemed like every second or two. 

With the Davis & weatherlink (software), the updates to weathlink.com and weather underground seem to take several minutes.  Is there a setting in the Davis software that allows to decrease the amount of time the stations reports are updated to the internet?

In short, I want to be able to view my weather stations as close to the seconds as possible.

Hope that makes sense.  Thanks!

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Weather updating to web.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »

In short, I want to be able to view my weather stations as close to the seconds as possible.

Why?  Does your weather change that quickly?

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 02:24:20 PM »

Point a web cam at the console. At best, a Davis only updates data every 2.5 seconds anyway.

Offline Dreamflight767

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 07:38:48 PM »
Well, sometimes there is a good gust of wind. It seems like it takes some time for all the web based applications to display that information.  I was just wondering if there was a setting in the counsel that I may have overlooked that would push that information out a little faster.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 10:44:52 PM »
Well, sometimes there is a good gust of wind. It seems like it takes some time for all the web based applications to display that information.  I was just wondering if there was a setting in the counsel that I may have overlooked that would push that information out a little faster.

I'm a bit confused.  How would you be watching this? 

How often (or how many times per day) do you look at (for instance) Weather Underground?

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:18:51 AM »

You might consider to go with a third party solution like Meteobridge - which can feed lots of services in short intervals - or something Open Source on a home-brew Raspberry PI. To my knowledge Davis does not offer an online service coming any close to real-time.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

anything