Author Topic: some newbie help, please  (Read 1455 times)

Offline oldmancrash

some newbie help, please
« on: May 13, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
Good morning, I purchased the Acu-Rite 5-in-1 wireless weather station. I have it set up for testing at my home. It seems to be working ok except I am not able to get my Acu-link to update. Here is my system. I am using an HP laptop with a USB connection to the control head. I am using a verizon wireless hotspot for my home internet. I seem to be able to get the laptop to update but I cant get the acu-link to update from the laptop.So I am never able to get my samsung NoteII to see the most current weather at my home. Is my problem something to do with IE not pushing the updated information out? How can I get around this? Or am I completely wrong? THank you very much for yoru help

Offline BuckeyeGuy

Re: some newbie help, please
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »
I spent a lot of time trying to get my AcuLink to connect. I found out that I was spending too long on the connection process - I think it says 4 seconds or something like that, and it really means just that, or even a bit less. Do not press the button for more than those 4 seconds - at least that worked for me, YMMV and all that.
Ray D
O-H!
Go Bucks!

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
Re: some newbie help, please
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:07:33 PM »
Do you have the Display Console connected directly to your PC with USB or do you have the Bridge product directly connected to your router with Ethernet?

anything