Author Topic: WeatherLink Ip and multiple computers at the same time  (Read 1337 times)

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
WeatherLink Ip and multiple computers at the same time
« on: April 19, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »
Hello All

I know this has been discussed before but I am not sure what the conclusion was:

Can the WeatherLink Ip be used with multiple computer. Fx one computer running VWS, another computer running Cumulus and also a Meteobridge pulling data from the WeatherLink Ip at the same time?

Regards

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: WeatherLink Ip and multiple computers at the same time
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 12:17:38 PM »
Hello All

I know this has been discussed before but I am not sure what the conclusion was:

Can the WeatherLink Ip be used with multiple computer. Fx one computer running VWS, another computer running Cumulus and also a Meteobridge pulling data from the WeatherLink Ip at the same time?

Regards
No, it can not without help of another program (Virtual VP for example). The WL-IP logger is a serial logger combined  with a serial to ip connector in one "package". Only one program can communicate with the WL-IP.

The Meteobridge has a pass-through mode when using any Davis logger so that another weather-program can use the logger also.

VVP only works with older loggers.

Wim

Offline droiddk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 01:47:13 PM »
No, it can not without help of another program (Virtual VP for example). The WL-IP logger is a serial logger combined  with a serial to ip connector in one "package". Only one program can communicate with the WL-IP.

The Meteobridge has a pass-through mode when using any Davis logger so that another weather-program can use the logger also.

VVP only works with older loggers.

Wim

Thank you very much for a detailed and understandable answer :)

Kind Regards

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
You can have multiple data loggers running. Example I have cumulus running with data logger & Vue console on com port 7 while WL is running with VP2 console on com port 8.
Starting yesterday I have the Envoy8x using the data logger instead of VP2 console com port 8.
Randy