Author Topic: WS 2902A- Dashboard question about wind readings  (Read 807 times)

Offline Fokis

WS 2902A- Dashboard question about wind readings
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:24:35 PM »
Hello fellow weather geeks  :-)  (shortcut to question is in bold below)

I bought my WS2902-A in June of this year and have been loving it ever since.  I am confused about how the dashboard displays wind readings though. 

Here is the public link to my weather station.  https://dashboard.ambientweather.net/devices/public/d7ec7e9517018a24ab5b27abd0ceb69c

This morning when I was making coffee, higher than normal winds kicked in so I walked over to my display.  I login on my desktop and check the max and it says 14.8MPH.  About a minute later, it jumped to where it's at now, 17.2MPH. 

What I don't understand is when I scroll down to look at the 5 minute intervals of what happened to better understand when the wind started, where it peaked, and where it slowed down, I have never once seen the "Max Speed" displayed in the line graph/5 minute interval chart. 

(TLDR Version)
Looking at the chart right today for 10/01, it would appear my max gust was 8.1MPH at 9:05AM.  But if you scroll up, it clearly states the Max Wind speed was 17.2MPH. 

- Any idea why it doesn't display the max wind speed or gust in the chart/graph? 

- If the chart/graph shows some kind of average speed, is there a way to change this to display max/min? 

Thank you for any insight! 

Offline Fokis

Re: WS 2902A- Dashboard question about wind readings
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 03:41:57 PM »
After browsing through the forum, it appears Rychu answered my question in this thread  https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35044.0 .

If this is true, Ambient Weather should change the filter names to 'Avg' instead of 'Wind Speed' and 'Wind Gust' since the readings aren't true wind speed or gust; rather, they are averages.  Strange.