Author Topic: Hikvision default reset, maybe hacked.  (Read 1304 times)

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
Hikvision default reset, maybe hacked.
« on: October 12, 2017, 12:40:16 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I had an email from use ip, who  I bought the camera from, to say there was an update to the firmware because of known issues dating back to at least March. I hadn't gotten around to doing it when yesterday it reset to default. Firstly I thought it was webcam capture as that stops or doesn't start properly. Checking on the router showed it had been reset to default IP. Re configure it and reset password and it wasn't default as there wasn't one and updated the firmware. Now noticed that the URL for the camera has changed from address/Streaming/Channels/1/picture to address/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture or if they both worked before the first one doesn't now. Bit of nightmare getting it going with webcam capture as it is so long since I setup the original camera and I am on an old version of WD it doesn't always play nicely.
This also happened after Avast did an update and restarted the PC and on another PC the same day it killed the internet and the only way to get that to work was to set a static IP address. All very strange.
Would be interesting to know if anyone else has had it happen as there are lots of Hiki users out there.

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Re: Hikvision default reset, maybe hacked.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »
Not the same as you described but had a recent situation with one of my Hik cameras.

I noticed that it looked like it was always in IR mode - even in daylight.  I went into the configure pages (using IE) to check settings.  All the images settings had been changes - it was set to all black and white.  I then noticed that the camera name was changed to Hacked.  wish I would have made a screen shot but did not.

Anyway, I reset everything back and then changed the IP address.  so far so good.....

CW3699

anything