Author Topic: !! to all ADMINS !!  (Read 16433 times)

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: !! to all ADMINS !!
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2009, 08:18:06 AM »
I have one of those 100cd-spindle holders dedicated to holding backups in my closet.

I have one of those, too, but it holds 45's.

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: !! to all ADMINS !!
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 12:21:03 AM »
IE8 just came out today, and it supposedly protects against Javascript malware. I hope that's the case since I just installed it.  :-P

Bruce

Just installed IE8 on my work computer today also.. I installed on that one first since I don't have as much to install from backup as I do here at home if it should croak.  I would be using FF3 on it if it were not for a conflict accessing certain portions of some of the GM websites I have to frequent daily.

Didn't really get a chance to play with it much after the install but the graphics were clear and crisp and seems all the normal functionality was there.
I keep everything locked down as much as I can in the shop at work due to some of the guys and their "not so user friendly" sites :) but there is one machine that slows to a crawl ever so often and I have to remove a couple gigs of tracking cookies and assorted malware mainly because they ignore the prompts from the auto run programs I have there and choose to not run something important :)

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092