General Weather/Earth Sciences Topics > Weather Conditions Discussion

Fewer People Buy Into Global Warming

<< < (13/58) > >>

SlowModem:

--- Quote from: mmorris on November 22, 2009, 02:46:53 PM ---Darn I really feel bad about this warming thing as an x Air Force Top Secret security holder that was chosen by the shrinks to be one of the 1000s + that would be able to load that Nuke on a air plane and destroy this earth and every living thing (well maybe not the cockroaches) to be the winner of the game. So that is where I stand on Global Warming.  :arrow:  Sorry I just don't care when the end comes I'm ready
--- End quote ---

A few months ago on a different thread, someone mentioned that everyone should read Alas Babylon.  I did.  It gave me a different perspective on life.  I know it's an old book (1950s), but it made some points that are valid today.  So, in a way, I guess I agree with you.  I'd hate to see it bad like that, but there's some things ya just can't spend too much time worrying about.

WeatherBeacon:

I'm not the least worried about global warming. It's those who politicize it, those who strive to employ it as a means to strip us of our liberties, who worry me.

WeatherHost:

--- Quote from: MadALwx on November 22, 2009, 01:39:33 PM ---We lose our sovereignty. Scared yet?
--- End quote ---

Huh?

Air, smoke, gasses and airborne contaminents don't stay within borders.  All you have to do is watch a hurricane or two to know that.  Or the debris plume from a volcano.  Why shouldn't there be an international treaty to control pollutants from one country affecting another?

mmorris:

--- Quote from: WeatherHost on November 22, 2009, 06:03:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: MadALwx on November 22, 2009, 01:39:33 PM ---We lose our sovereignty. Scared yet?
--- End quote ---

Huh?

Air, smoke, gasses and airborne contaminents don't stay within borders.  All you have to do is watch a hurricane or two to know that.  Or the debris plume from a volcano.  Why shouldn't there be an international treaty to control pollutants from one country affecting another?

--- End quote ---

Treaty are fine just how much of your take home paycheck are you willing to give up? Me not being a rich person would rather give nothing and I'm guess the rich people don't want to give either look at health care in the USA people just don't want to give to help others if it means there not going to be at the top of the pile and there going to be in the same class as some poorer people.

up10ad N9RJH:

--- Quote from: WeatherHost on November 22, 2009, 06:03:35 PM ---  Why shouldn't there be an international treaty to control pollutants from one country affecting another?

--- End quote ---
Because the worst polluters (China et al) won't make any changes to reduce pollution while we will strip our citizens rights and tax them to death trying to compensate.  There must be middle ground somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version