Author Topic: WS-2080 Barometer stopped working  (Read 3177 times)

Offline skysho

• http://home.comcast.net/~bbischof
WS-2080 Barometer stopped working
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:10:50 AM »
I have been using Cumulus for my PC application and it been freezing on the data upload now and then.  Rebooting my machine usually cleared it and it went through the catch up process in a minute or so and I was back up on Weather Underground and APRS.  This has been going on for six months maybe  and only happened once or twice a month.  I had a hard drive crash and switched machines so there were some wonky (sorry about that description) things I had to do to get the box on my network.  Anyway, Cumulus locked up and rebooting didn't work so I popped the batteries out of the station and plugged everything back in.  Everything seems to be working now except the barometer.  Any suggestions?  My appreciation in advance for anyone that can get me out of the weeds on this.

Bryant

PS: This Ambient has really been working great its been up for maybe a year and a half, especially for the price!  Plus the Cumulus software has been a plus too.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: WS-2080 Barometer stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:55:44 PM »
You could open the console and physically check the barometer sensor chip for an obstruction. Maybe a small spider blocked the opening.?. Look on the main circuit board for a chip that looks similar to this ..