Author Topic: Weather Under Ground communication?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline easytim

Weather Under Ground communication?
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:42:12 AM »
I'm now using weatherlink serial (USB converted)  in communication port will I still be able to download my info to Weather Underground  or must I use TCP/IP using the weatherlink IP to be able to do this?

Offline Beaudog

• Forecaster
Re: Weather Under Ground communication?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »
Well I can't read minds but I think you said that you have changed from an IP logger to a serial logger, and want to know if weather link will send to WU which of course it will, thousands of people do.

You will need the WU module if you do not have it.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/weatherlink.asp

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 12:57:38 PM »
I'm now using weatherlink serial (USB converted)  in communication port will I still be able to download my info to Weather Underground  or must I use TCP/IP using the weatherlink IP to be able to do this?

You'll still be able to do that if you are running weather software that is capable of doing it.  Are you running weather software of some kind?  And running it 24/7?

If you are running WeatherLink software, then the previous reply tells what you need.  But you will still need to consult the documentation, which you have declared to be "not user friendly".

Offline easytim

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
yes, that's what I'm using and I'm using weatherlink software. Moved into a new home I had built, too many things on my plate right now.  So I'll stop
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:50:38 PM by easytim »

Offline easytim

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »

You'll still be able to do that if you are running weather software that is capable of doing it.  Are you running weather software of some kind?  And running it 24/7?

If you are running WeatherLink software, then the previous reply tells what you need.  But you will still need to consult the documentation, which you have declared to be "not user friendly".

LINK - does not work for me

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 04:27:25 PM »
That link is functioning strangely today - probably because of some problem at Weatherunderground's servers.

Keep trying.

anything