Author Topic: Lightning 2000 E-Mail Issue  (Read 2035 times)

Offline n0meq

Lightning 2000 E-Mail Issue
« on: May 08, 2009, 11:32:56 PM »
I have a boltek lightning detector with the lightning 2000 software ver 4.8.2 and I am expirencing a problem with the e-mail feature.

I utilize microsoft vista as the OS.  I have the screen capture file setup's correctly according to the manual and have double checked all of the e-mail settings, ie, smtp setup, e-mail addresse's, etc.  I even put one stroke and 700 miles but it just does not appear to be sending anything even though there are storms 300 miles within my location. I never receive the mail even when I check the send myself copy feature.

I have tried deleting the software and then re-installing but that does not help. After re-installing the software, some of my old settings reappear, how do you get rid of the entire program without reformatting the hard drive?

I know the outlook express is set up right because I get mail when I send a message to myself.

I am utilizing a linksys cable modem model BEFCMU10 connected directly to the computer.

I just don't know what else to try.  Is there a possibility the modem will not recognize the data coming from the lightning 2000 software?  Do I need to do a firmware update on the cable modem?

I could sure use some help on this one...I am really not that great with troubleshooting computer problems!!!

](*,)    ](*,)

blackjack52

Re: Lightning 2000 E-Mail Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:07:24 AM »
E-mail Mark. Excellent customer service.
http://www.aninoquisi.com/support.htm