Author Topic: Rainy Season Kicks Off for Northern California  (Read 1776 times)

Offline ELDoradoWx

• El Dorado Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • Gentoo X = Complete_Control
    • El Dorado Weather
Rainy Season Kicks Off for Northern California
« on: October 26, 2010, 03:53:13 AM »
A very strong and wet Pacific storm slammed into Northern California over the week end. Placerville received the highest 1 day rainfall total since my weather station started keeping records back in 2006. We received 3.44 inches on Sunday and .84 inches the day before, with pretty much non stop rain for about 40 hours. All told we received a total of 4.49 inches with this storm, putting us at 168% of normal. It's extremely rare to see such a big storm in October in Northern Cal but very welcomed. After an ongoing drought the last 4 rainy seasons we will take anything we can get.
-Danny
-root is everything

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
Re: Rainy Season Kicks Off for Northern California
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:00:21 AM »
We need some of that rain. I only have about .5" for the month so far. I'm counting on the weather that's coming in today to give us an inch or two.

Offline d_l

• Forecaster
  • Slide Mtn - Mt Rose
    • Thomas Creek Estates neighborhood weather
Re: Rainy Season Kicks Off for Northern California
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 10:17:15 AM »
That storm and the one at the beginning of October was a good start for the Great Basin's yearly water supply.
--Dave--

Wireless VP2 w/ solar, 24hr FARS, Heater, (Envoy-WLIP)*3-Meteohub, plus custom VP2 @ 26', WL 6.0.4, WU & W4U=KNVRENO37 NetcamXL

People always talk about the weather, but they never do anything about it.  Not me.  I'm gonna measure it.  https://www.tceweather.com

anything