Author Topic: Assistance with website  (Read 1715 times)

Offline swgaweather

• SWGA Weather Inc
Assistance with website
« on: October 19, 2018, 03:36:42 PM »
I am wondering if there is someone who wouldn't mind teaching me via TeamViewer this weekend on putting my weather website together? I like what I believe is what you call the meteotemplate. I am not sure if the saratoga template and this other template work together or what. I am really not tech savy. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Assistance with website
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 03:53:01 PM »
Hi,
Jachym's Meteotemplate and Ken True's Saratoga templates are totally separate and different.  They however get their weather station data from mostly the same weather program, i.e. Cumulus, Weather Display, etc.  so you can use both of them.

www.komokaweather.ca 

www.komokaweather.com/j-template

Looks like you've made an attempt at getting the Saratoga working but some files missing.
http://www.swgaweather.com/

Suggest you pick one to start with and get it going.  Then from that experience you can add the other.  Meteotemplate will be slightly more involved as it uses a MySQL data base that will require setting up to get all the full features. 

For the Saratoga template print out the instructions from the download page and follow each step completely.  Ask here if you run into a problem or don't quite understand.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Ken Good

• www.BullardWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 02:33:04 PM »
I use the Meteotemplate.  I can be a resource.  You can message me at (903) 780-7731.

Ken

Offline swgaweather

• SWGA Weather Inc
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:25:57 AM »
I have attempted to use Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browser to do setup. I tried Saturday as well and I am getting an error here. I am not sure why. I have included an attached screenshot of the issue at hand. I removed all the files on Saturday and put them in this morning and redone the setup because I noticed I did something wrong Saturday. Not sure if this has contributed to the problem. Can anyone advise? I'd appreciate it.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 12:22:41 PM »
Not sure why or where you are getting that message.

If I go to http://www.swgaweather.com/ I get a page with Index of / and .template
If I click on .template I get the Meteotemplate initial page which says to register, and you will also need any of the blocks and plugins you want to show

Likely still to do a bit of folders/files upload to your Meteotemplate webserver.

Good luck,
Paul

Offline swgaweather

• SWGA Weather Inc
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »
My hosting tech support told me it was a hacker block on my security module. I guess it thought I was trying to hack my site. I fixed that. Now I need to figure how to set my website to work when someone types my website to www.swgaweather.com I am currently down loading this blocks/plugins. I am hoping I have it setup in my File Directory correctly.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 12:44:44 PM »
I would say still to upload some folders and files that you unzipped from meteotemplate.com and follow the full initial setup instructions.  It has been quite a while since I last did that so can't help without reading the full install instructions.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline swgaweather

• SWGA Weather Inc
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 01:05:55 PM »
I'm learning as I go along. I appreciate it. I'll get it figured out or screw it up one of the two. LOL I'm not very tech savy but I figure I'll learn better if I can do it or someone shows me.

Offline swgaweather

• SWGA Weather Inc
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 01:35:02 PM »
Does anyone know how to change the URL structure of the site from 'swgaweather.com/template/' to 'swgaweather.com/'?

I was told I need to do that from my hosting technical support.

I had it looking the way it was suppose to until I was told I needed to move it from the template folder to the regular swgaweather.com folder so that it would display when you typed the domain name. I have cleared my cookies and cache and still need to change the URL structure. Which has me clueless. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like currently which is certainly not what it did look like.

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 04:20:36 PM »
I believe you can do that by setting Forwarding in your web host settings (I use GoDaddy)

Enjoy,
Paul